*Chapter Eighteen*

I Refuse to Fall in Love with Him *ch.18*

Sereya’s POV:

I debated whether I should tell my parents or not about the whole incident, but after going through all the possibilities, I decided not to. I usually told my mom stuff like this, but telling her would mean explaining what’s going on between me and Austin…and that wasn’t going to happen.

Buzzzz! Buzzzz!

I was shaken out of my thoughts by the sound of my cell phone vibrating. I picked it up to see Austin’s named flashing on the screen; I answered it.

“Yup,” I greeted.

“Hey,” he said a little nervously.

“Yes?”

“So we’re still on for tomorrow right?”

“Austin, you know that nothing has changed. You can’t use that as an excuse to call me,” I sassed.

He laughed. “Whatever, I’m still smooth.”

“Okay, Mr. Smooth. What are you up to?”

“Just got done arguing with Angel,” he sighed.

“What else is new,” I asked sarcastically as I walked over to my desk to turn on my laptop.

“All she did was talk about you the whole time. She was saying how I spend too much time with you and all that crap.”

“Well, it kind of does seem that way,” I agreed.

“That’s only because of the project, though. So she can’t trip about that.”

“Okay, Austin,” I said as I logged into Instant Messenger.

“Then, she also went on to ask me about what you were talking about.”

I silenced.

“Don’t get quiet now,” he cautioned.

“What did I do,” I asked innocently.

“Sereya, stop playing. Why did you say that?”

“All I said is that she should ask you some questions. In my defense, the only reason why I said that is because she was trying to challenge me in front of everyone, and I wasn’t having it!”

“Now she thinks I’ve been cheating on her,” he sighed.

“Umm…I hate to break it to you, but you have been cheating on her.”

“It’s not like I meant to, I just…I don’t know. I guess I just had mixed feelings,” he stated.

I paused, “What do you mean by that?”

“You know what I meant. You know…us kissing all those times…it was because I’m feeling you,” he stuttered.

My stomach fluttered but I managed to keep my composure. “Is that so?”

“Yeah.”

“So what are you gonna do about it,” I asked flirtatiously.

“I don’t exactly know,” he responded.

I rolled my eyes. Be a man, I shouted in my mind.

Just then, Asia sent me a message.

“Okay, well I have to go because I’m IM-ing Asia and Janelle, and I can’t talk and type at the same time or my words will get mixed up,” I explained.