*Chapter Six*

I Refuse to Fall in Love with Him *ch. 6*

Sereya’s POV:

Oh my freakin goodness! What am I gonna do? I can’t believe this is happening!

“Hey Marcus, hey girls,” Austin said as he sat down comfortably.

“What’s up Austin? Oh yeah, don’t forget that our basketball game next Thursday is a home game,” Marcus announced.

“Thanks man, I had already forgotten about that,” Austin replied.

“No problem. Oh, I’m sorry. Janelle, this is my boy Austin,” Marcus stated.

“Heyyy,” Janelle said, waving sweetly.

“Ohhh. So you’re the little lady that’s got Marcus completely unfocused nowadays,” Austin joked, making Janelle smile.

Janelle went ahead and introduced Asia to Austin, and then she turned to me.

“I already know Sereya. It just so happens that Sereya and I will be spending a lot of time together over the next two weeks. Too bad she won’t reply to my texts…I would hate to get a bad grade on this project because my partner and I haven’t scheduled any dates to meet up,” Austin smirked, looking directly at me.

“Whatever,” I said, rolling my eyes. “When you’re seriously ready to work, let me know.”

“Then let the record show that I am giving my 100% focus to this project, and especially to you,” Austin said leaning in over the table so that he was now right in front of my face.

I would have been ready for a comeback if I hadn’t seen none other than Austin’s number one distraction, angrily marching over to our table with her wannabe entourage.

Austin’s POV:

“Excuse me! What the heck are you doing,” a heated voice yelled from behind me. I turned around slowly to see my grumpy girlfriend. Her friends Jaylene and Sydney were giving me the same cold stare they always gave whenever Angel was mad at me. Angel had her arms crossed, and I could tell she was waiting to hear what great excuse I was ready to tell.

“Hey beautiful,” I began, trying to soften the mood. “What do you mean? I’m just eating lunch with Marcus.”

“Umm…as far as I can tell, you’re eating lunch with a whole bunch of girls and neither one of them are your GIRLFRIEND,” Angel screamed.

“Angel, chill,” I said trying to calm her down. I got up from my seat and pulled her closer to me. “We will eat lunch together tomorrow…I promise.”

“Fine,” she pouted, giving in.

“Go hang with your girls,” I insisted.

“Baby, you’re not coming with me?” she asked, frowning once again.

“No, I have some business to take care of here,” I answered.

“If you say so,” Angel said. Then she looked over my shoulder, eying everyone at the lunch table, before placing a long, firm kiss right on my lips.

Satisfied, she gave one more, quick glance at someone behind me, and walked away with Jaylene and Sydney two steps behind her.

 After I watched Angel walk out of the cafeteria, I took a deep breath, and then pivoted towards my seat.

Sereya’s POV:

As soon as Austin turned around, we all quickly turned away and started a fake conversation to hide the fact that we were eavesdropping.

To tell you the truth, I was trying extremely hard to hear every little word. There was no doubt that the look Angel gave before she kissed Austin was directed straight to me. She had trained her eyes right on me and delivered a warning look. Although, I didn’t want to be in the middle of drama, I felt good knowing that Angel was threatened by the idea that Austin just might be interested in me.

“It looks like your girl is a little bit angry,” Marcus teased.

“Yeah…more like jealous,” Austin sighed, looking at right at me.

Geez! Is it that obvious? I thought.

Marcus and Janelle started flirting again, and Asia was texting, so Austin used this opportunity to continue his conversation with me.

“Sorry about that,” Austin said, giving his attention to me.

“Why are you saying sorry to me?” I asked, trying to see if he would admit any of the tiniest bits of feelings for me.

“Never mind,” he said, changing the topic. “So when do you want to meet up?”

“Well… I actually haven’t told my parents that I have to meet up with someone for this project, but I am free any day except for Tuesday and Friday. Tuesdays I have Bible study at my church and Fridays are my night out with my girls,” I stated.

“I am good with any day but Thursday because that is when my basketball games are. Well, I do have basketball practice on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays, but I can meet with you any time after 6:30,” he acknowledged.

“Okay so what about Monday and Wednesday at 7 P.M and Saturday at noon,” I suggested.

“Well dang, you wanna see me a lot, huh,” he said smiling. “Monday and Wednesday are alright, but twelve o’clock on a Saturday is too early for me.”

“Wow…fine. What time on Saturday is good for you? As long as we are done by 3 P.M because I have a life, you know,” I declared.

“Ha ha, I can tell. One o’clock is acceptable,” he said approvingly.

“I will have to text you with where we can meet up after I ask my parents,” I told him.

“So you did get my text…you’re a little sneaky one,” Austin said.

“Whatever. Nice talking to you. Janelle, I’m going to the bathroom before the next class. See you later hun. Oh yeah, Marcus take care of my little girl,” I said smiling as I gathered my trash.

“Sure thing,” Marcus said, pulling Janelle in for a hug.

“Aww! That’s so cute!” Asia cooed. “Wait Sereya, I’m coming with you.”

“Bye Sereya. See you later, gorgeous,” Austin yelled.

I walked out of the cafeteria, without looking back. Even though I played it off, my heart was pounding quickly because of the last word Austin said. But all of his compliments didn’t mean anything because as much as I don’t like it, he’s already taken.