"Yes, now go."

"But I haven't asked my parents—"

"I'll do it, I bet they'll listen to good old Kyungsoo," he patted Baekhyun on the back and Baekhyun looked behind him once more before walking off into the hallways to get to the front desk.

"Hi," he flashed a smile at the lady and she smiled back, tucking hair behind her ear. "How can I register?" The lady grabbed a piece of paper from a big stack and handed it to Baekhyun.

"Hand it in before December. Make sure to fill out everything and get your parent's signature." Baekhyun nodded and looked at the paper in his hand, walking back to the gym with his eyes still glued on the paper.

All he saw was a pair of shoes before he hit into something and the paper flew out of his hands, landing onto the ground. Baekhyun looked up to meet the face of the captain of the basketball team.

"Um—sorry..." He trailed off and the giant just crouched down to grab the paper, taking a look at it before he handed it to Baekhyun.

"You're planning to register here?" He asked and Baekhyun nodded, taking the piece of paper and folding it. His voice made Baekhyun's insides melt and his mind fog, something Baekhyun was unfamiliar with. "Cool." And that was all he said before he walked away from Baekhyun.

Baekhyun looked at the piece of paper in his hand before turning back and looking at the back of the basketball player. "Wait!" Baekhyun called out, making him stop and turn around. "What's your name?" He asked, tilting his head to the side like a puppy.

"Why does that matter to you?"

Baekhyun shrugged. "If I'm joining this school, I want to get to know a lot of people," he stated.

"Park Chanyeol," Chanyeol replied.

"Hmm, Chanyeol." Baekhyun tested the name, happy how it rolled of his tongue easily. "My name is Byun Baekhyun." Baekhyun smiled at him, his eyes turning into crescents and his perfect teeth showing.

Chanyeol just stood there dumbfounded for moments, not able to take his eyes away or move his feet.

"I'll... See you later?" Baekhyun asked and he took a step back but only after Chanyeol nodded did the shortie turn around and go back inside the gym to meet Kyungsoo.

Baekhyun felt his face burning and he slapped a hand on his cheek, shaking his head and continuing to his destination, ready to tell Kyungsoo that he was joining the school and the basketball team.

~

In three days, Baekhyun had said bye to his 'friends' and teachers at his old school. Honestly, he would miss none of it. It was a torturous experience there. Sure he had great grades and sure he was in every sports team but that didn't mean people didn't talk bad about him.

And ever since someone spread the rumour that he and Taeyeon were dating, it was like a living hell. For some reason Taeyeon didn't say anything against it, she was actually for it. Suddenly, there was another rumour that Taeyeon had broken up with Baekhyun because she found out he was cheating on her with someone named Jiyoon.

Baekhyun didn't even know a 'Jiyoon'.

Baekhyun never even talked to Taeyeon.

Baekhyun had never dated, period.

That wasn't the biggest reason he left that school though. That school just didn't provide a road to his dream: Singing.