Prologue

The sound of cheering and the ball bouncing was all that you could hear in Pyojun High School as The Ravens and The Lions were tied 32-32 in the last quarter with 15 seconds left and counting.

"We're not five, we're not six! We are one, we are Ravens!" The cheerleaders screamed, waving their black pom poms in the air and flaunting their mini skirts.

"Jongin! Pass!" Chanyeol called out and just as quickly, the ball came flying towards him from halfway across the court. He grabbed the ball out of the air and began taking it to the net, everyone knowing full well what he was going to do. The people in the crowd watched with baited breath as the captain brought the ball for one final point.

"5, 4, 3!"

With a frantically beating heart, Chanyeol took those last two steps, taking off from the ground and soaring into the air.

"1!"

Just as the clock buzzed, Chanyeol slammed the ball into the net and the crowd roared and jumped, screaming so loud as if to break glass cups.

He dropped onto the floor and fell on his back, panting as he stared at the familiar blaring yellow lights of the gym.

The cheering soon ended and was now replaced with nice words and compliments for each team member. A hand appeared in his vision and he shifted his head, staring into the eyes of Oh Sehun, his best friend since he was a dork who loved ferrets.

Chanyeol grabbed the familiar hand and felt himself getting pulled up and onto his feet. The moment he stood back up, everyone flooded around him like a flock of seagulls.

"Nice one Yeol."

"I knew I could always count on you."

"You did great."

The words that he heard every time made him smile a bit, appreciating everyone's kindness.

"You had a great pass, Jongin," Chanyeol mentioned and the player just nodded in response, looking off into the distance at something in the crowd. Chanyeol followed his gaze and saw two students walking down the long row of chairs.

One of them was Do Kyungsoo, the Vice President for the SRG (student representative group) and the other was... Chanyeol didn't really know.

"You're right, their basketball team is pretty good," he spoke to his best friend, Kyungsoo.

"I told you Baekhyun, you should come over to this school. Then we'd be invincible," he commented and Baekhyun shook his head.

"I still don't know if my parents will let me and what if I don't make it onto the team? They seem pretty hardcore," he stated, biting his lip as he casted a glance off to the 6 members on the court. His eyes landed on the captain's intense gaze and he shrunk away from it, turning back to the front. "And what if the school doesn't accept me because I'm not good enough?"

"Get your head out of your ass Baekhyun. You have spot-on grades and plus you're in every sports team. You'll make it."

Baekhyun pouted. "Yeah but it's not like I'm any good."

"You're the only reason your team actually made it to championships last year. You're not bad," he complimented, making a smile slip onto Baekhyun's face.

"You really think so?"

They stopped at the exit to the gym and Kyungsoo turned to Baekhyun, placing both of his hands on his friend's shoulders.

"If I didn't mean it, I wouldn't say it. Now go sign up you whore."

Baekhyun gasped and put a hand on his heart. "Did you mean that too?"