21. kaylis baby

***I'm about to update a lot prepare loves!!!****

I am just finishing my rounds when a pair of small hands go around my eyes and cover my nose. I am startled when my strongest sense is gone but i quickly know who it it. Kayli is smart by covering my nose so i can smell her but i also know both my teams by the feel of their hands.

"Kayli i know it's you." i say calmly.

"Damn. How i covered your nose." she groaned.

"Why cover her nose?" i hear Nathan ask and realize they are all here. Thank god for huge offices.

"She smells people. It's one of her talents. She knows people by their scents." kayli says and i blush when all the boys look at me.

"Everyone has a unique sent to her. It's so cool." she says and i resist the urge to strangle her.

"We all have scents?" kota asks turning his head slightly.

"Mhm." i mumble.

"Ohh what do i smell like cupcake, hotness?" luke says.

"No you all have your own scents and that's all im saying." i muter walking to my desk and grabbing one of the coffees the boys introduced me to years ago. Uncapping it i took a big sip and then another while drinking i swatted at kaylis hand that i knew would be reaching for one of her own. Holding up a finger indicating to her that she had to wait a second.

"You can't have coffee while pregnant kayli it's bad for the baby." i reminded her and she groaned.

"Ugh don't start kayli i got no sleep working last night and i have an hour and a half until i get to go home and be dead." i had came into work early yesterday morning and was dragging. "and yall interrupted me and kota. So leave me alone and go to exam room 4 in the maternity sector." i mumbled the last part waiting for the coffee to kick in.

"Pookie why don't you go to sleep." sean asked and i glared at him.

"You did the same scene so dont even." i say before brushing myself off and walking out of the room to the room kayli and her boys were headed. Walking up to the room i see everyone but Raven and Axel in the hall.

"Why are you all out here?" i ask and can hear some of my boys come up behind me but i know from the footfalls it's no more than four.

"We wanted to give her and raven privacy and Axel went in as team leader." marc said and i gasped.

"What?" brandon asked quickly looking worried.

"You left her alone for this? It's all of your baby. Not just one. I can't believe you men." i said opening the door. "if all you fuckers dont fit in the room stand in the hall." walking to kayli who had been talking to Raven and Axel.

"Lay back hun. Pull your shirt up to under your bra." i said grabbing the wand from the dock. I squirted a small amount of gel on it and looked at her.

"This is going to be cold." i said and gently pressed it to her stomach. She flinched slightly but continued smiling. A few of the boys took several steps forward and raven grabbed her hand. I moved it around for several long seconds before finding what i needed.

"Okay see this." i said running my fingers along the screen of the monitor. Codey **i know i'm spelling it wrong, what's the spelling?** moved impossibly close to me and leaned over my sholder to see.

"I know your short and that's the only reason i'm letting this happen." i say and turn the volume on and the sound of a steadily beating heart.

"Kayli i made that!" raven suddenly says spooking everyone. I laughed.

"I seem to recall learning that a woman had something to do with making the small baby inside of kayli." i said shooting her an exasperated look but she was to focused on the screen. She had tears running down her face and seeing her so overwhelmed made me love this little human so much more. I click a few buttons and turn to the bed.

"I'm going to go get your pictures from the printer. God i cannot wait to go home i am exhausted." i say the last part mainly to myself. Walking out i stop when i meet the steal eyes standing in the doorway.

"I can't wait for that to be us." owen says staring at me. I open my mouth to reply but my pager goes off. Looking down i gasp. the pager reads lucy's **(the deaf woman with cancer.)** room number and it's a code red.

"owen gotta go." i call running down the hall. if it red it's bad.

okay, i hope you liked this. as always i reply to comments and follow voters. i have been working hard to make updates not to far apart so if i missed your comment pm me and i will reply.