New Life

Your Point Of View

I opened my eyes slowly after being hit. My vision was blurring, a loud beep surrounding my sound of hearing. I slowly reach for my picture, grabbing it and holding on to it as I put it to my chest.

As I slowly began to fade away, I felt myself moving.

-3 Years Later-

"What do you remember from that day?" he asked me as I looked at my hands.

"Being alive when I shouldn't be." I finally look up at him as he took notes.

"Why is that?" he asked.

"He had a family," I stand up from my seat, rubbing my forehead "What did I have? Nothing but yet I'm here."

"You are not here merely to make a living. You are here in order to enable the world to live more amply, with greater vision, with a finer spirit of hope and achievement. You are here to enrich the world, and you impoverish yourself if you forget the errand." I listen to him tell me "Have you spoken to them?"

I sigh "They don't know. They don't even know if I'm alive or dead somewhere." I wince to see my scar was bleeding again which made him grab the alcohol and a napkin.

"Stay still." he tells me as I relaxed a little and he put the towel and pouring the alcohol on my scar.

I clench my fist as he cleaned the blood off my scar. I took a deep breath after he was done.

"Seems everytime you think about them, your scar starts bleeding." he wrap a bandage around where my scar is. "Think it's time for you to go back to the hospital."

"Why, Sebastian? " I look at him which made him raise an eyebrow "Why after all those years you finally show up?"

"You think it was easy for me to watch you go through all that." He looks at me. "No it wasn't. "

"Doesn't mean you didn't do anything to stop it. " I grab my bag, walking to the door and looked at him "And just because you got me out of that car, you should've left me behind and save Herbert." I walk out of the apartment, slamming the door.

I made my way out of the building and started taking a path to get my job quick.

I finally arrive at the bookstore where there was hardly anyone there except Mrs Manson who control the cash register.

As I put my bag away, Mrs Manson comes to me

"Y/N, watch over the store for me will you? I gotta make a quick errand since my husband can't do it."

"Sure thing. You take care of what you need to do." I tell her.

"Thank you" she smiles "If I'm not back in an hour and you take a break, be sure to lock up if you go outside. " she hands me the key, grabbing her purse and leaves the bookstore.

While she was gone, I began to put some books in the shelves since they were returned and as I was doing that, I hear the door open which made the bell near it ring for me to hear.

I look to see it was Alycia who came to the bookstore from time to time. I walk to her to see what she needed. In her hands was a book she got from last time she came.

"You were right about this book, Y/N." she tells me and hands me the book.

"Guessing it hit the expectations you asked for." I sat it down on the counter.

"It did but now I need your help again for another book."

"Okay." I clear my throat "What are you looking for?"

"Well something with romance and a thrill to it but also can make you become addicted to it that you have no control over it." she stares into my eyes.

"Follow me. I got the book you might want to read." I lead her to the end of the room across, grabbing a book from the top shelf which is consider the popular.

After grabbing it, I hand it to her "This book should live up to your expectations and maybe more."

She looks at the book then looks at me "We'll see if you're right about that."

We head back to the counter where I check the book off for her then hand her back the book.
"Got plans for tonight? " she asks me.

"Not really but I don't do much anyways since I only work here and go home to relax."

"How about cancel plans at being at home and come hang out with me tonight? " she bites her lip a little.

Right when I was about to say something, Mrs Manson returns from her errands.

"Y/N, be a dear after you're done helping the customer, to look for a classic Shakespeare novel."

I nod at Mrs Manson as she went to her little office. I look back at Alycia. "Sorry about that."

She smiles "It's okay." she hands me a piece of paper "If you change your mind, give me a call." she tells me then leaves the bookstore.

I look down at the paper to see her number. Though most people would get excited about getting a beautiful girl's number, I on the other hand wasn't.

I took a deep breath, putting the paper in my pocket and went to look for a classic Shakespeare novel for Mrs Manson.

After looking through each shelf, I couldn't find it. I knocked on the door before entering Mrs Manson's office where she was sitting on her chair looking at a book.

"I searched for the book you requested but it was nowhere to be found. "

"It's fine, dear. But what I'm more interested is your conversation with the girl who came here. She seems to have an eye for you." she set the book down to look at me.

"About that. Trust me if something were to happen, it wouldn't work out."

_________
That was first chapter

Hope you all enjoyed it

Question Of The Day: What do you hope to see in this book?

Peace And Love