"Are you almost done?" Griffyn's voice sounds right outside of the door as I finish applying makeup the slowest I ever have in my entire life. I sigh softly, realizing that I have to face him sooner or later. Obviously, I preferred later, but luck is not in my favor because the door swings open and Griff appears, holding a key.

            "What the hell, Griff! Couldn't you have just waited for me to get done?" I scold. I'm not angry with him, just annoyed that I didn't have time to compose myself and push the guilt of the... lack of Melody's message in his phone way down before I faced him.

            Griffyn raises an eyebrow as he reaches up to put the key back in it's rightful place ontop of the doorframe. His shirt comes up a little as he reaches up, but it wasn't even noticeable. But you noticed, my guilty conscience tells me. Well, I tell myself, shut up.

            "Yeah, and how long would that be? Hell would've frozen over at the pace you were going!" Griff jokes, punching me in the arm. I mutter a quick, "Ouch," and rub my arm with a frown placed on my face.

            Griff rolls his eyes and walks into the bathroom. I glare at him and bump him out of the way of the drawer I need to get in, and grab my toothbrush and toothpaste. He smirks and bumps me back, grabbing his own toothbrush and toothpaste. He keeps spares of everything here in cases like these when we have unplanned sleepovers.

            I brush my teeth vigorously and quickly trying to get done before Griffyn. He does the same, initiating a challenge. We stare each other down in the mirror and take our toothbrushes out of our mouths in a rush. I lean down quickly before he does and spit into the sink. I'm about to grin victoriously when I feel something wet slide down my neck.

            I glance up and look into the mirror, seeing Griffyn standing wide eyed behind me. He drops his toothbrush on the counter and grins sheepishly at me. "Oops?"

            "Oops? OOPS?" I scream, hurrying to wash the stickiness off the nape of my neck. "How can you miss the freaking sink? Ew, that's so gross, Griffyn!"

            Griffyn actually has the nerve to start laughing, "I'm sorry! I really am, but maybe you should've gotten your big head out of the way."

            I finish lathering soap on my neck and rinse it off before drying it with a towel as I straighten and turn to glare right at him. "Now you're blaming it on me? Uh-uh, Rivers. You're not getting on my good side today."

            "Look, at least you put your hair in a bun, or else you'd have to rewash it," Griffyn tells me, still chuckling. I roll my eyes, not in the mood. I don't like being spit on in the morning. Or ever.

             Griffyn sees that I'm not answering and pouts before pulling at the ponytail holding up my temporary bun. He pulls it free and the hair falls around my face. "Don't be mad at me. I'm sorry."

            I stalk out of the room without response, gathering my school supplies into my backpack. Griffyn sighs from behind me, but grabs his stuff too.

            I've almost made it out the door of my room before Griff stops me, grasping my arm and pulling me back to him, "Hey, I really am sorry. Chocolate?" He holds up a Kit-Kat and offers it to me.

            I don't bother asking where it came from and snatch it from him. He takes this as a forgiving act and smiles, "That's my girl."

            And once again, I'm all tense and guilt clouds my emotions. I'm not his girl, at least not in the way that phrase is supposed to mean. For all I know, that girl could've been Melody, but we'll never know because I deleted her message.