Rangers Pregame

New York Rangers take on the Dallas Stars at 4:00 eastern time. Rangers continue they're 3-game road trip winning the first one 2-1 in St.Louis.

The win in St.Louis, Henrik Lundqvist becomes:
1) the FIRST goaltender in NHL history to earn at least 30 wins in 10 of his first 11 NHL seasons
2) the THIRD goaltender in NHL history to earn 30 or more wins in at least 10 different seasons (Brodeur and Roy)
#30for30 🔴⚪️🔵🔴⚪️🔵🔴⚪️🔵🔴⚪️🔵
I know you've heard about the passing of NHL Hall of Famer, Andy Bathgate at the age of 83yrs. The New York Rangers will be wearing decals of his initials in a Ranger crest on their helmet in memory of such an amazing player.
R.I.P Andy Bathgate💔😢🙏🏼👼🏼

(Back to tonight's game)

For the NYR, Derick Brassard leads the team in goals with 22 G (22g 23a 45pts). Keith Yandle leads the team in assist with 30 A (4g 30a 34pts).
For the DAL, Jamie Benn leads the team with 32 G (32g 38a 70pts). John Klingberg leads the team with 42 A (10g 42a 52pts).

As for goaltenders, NYR's Henrik Lundqvist will be in net. Lundqvist has a 2.29 GAA and a .923 SV%. DAL's Annti Niemi will be in net. Niemi has a 2.64 GAA and a .904 SV%.

New York has a record of 35-20-6 this season and Dallas has a record of 38-18-6 this season. The teams are close in record and the goalies are close in save % and goals against average. Lets pull off a win for the late Andy Bathgate🙏🏼👼🏼.

~Players to watch~

Rangers-Marek Hrivik: The rookie forward will be playing his fourth straight game since being recalled from the Hartford Wolf Pack last Sunday. He has done an extremely solid job at both ends of the ice in each game he has played, and he received some praise from head coach Alain Vigneault following Friday's practice. Rangers brass has been intrigued by Hrivik since he signed with the organization as an undrafted free agent four years ago. He has size, strength, and some offensive skill to go along with good speed, a physical style of play, and a high hockey I.Q. Since being called up from Hartford Hrivik has one assist and a +2 plus/minus rating, and has also contributed on the team's penalty killing unit. Most importantly he has played a confident game and limited his mistakes to minor ones, while adding some jump to the fourth line. The question, though, is with the NHL trade deadline looming on Monday, have the Rangers seen enough of Hrivik to believe he can be an NHL regular on a team with Stanley Cup aspirations or will they go out and trade for a more veteran player to kill penalties and play on the fourth line? Saturday's game is the club's last before the deadline, so Hrivik has one more chance to make a positive impression.

Stars-Patrick Sharp: There are so many reasons why Patrick Sharp is such an important member of the Dallas Stars. First and foremost, he is among the top offensive threats on the NHL's highest scoring team. The 34 year-old Sharp is Dallas' fourth-leading scorer with 47 points--a total which would actually be tops on the Rangers--and is fourth with 17 goals and third with five power play tallies. He is also tied for the club lead with five game-winning goals. A four-time 30-goal scorer, Sharp may not be as prolific as he once was, but he is still an important cog in the Stars offense. Perhaps his most important quality he brings to Dallas in his first year with the organization is that he is a proven winner, a three-time Stanley Cup champion with the Chicago Blackhawks and a 2014 Olympic gold medalist with Team Canada. That is tremendously important to a Stars club that is fancying itself as legitimate Cup contender this season. Sharp has 129 games of playoff experience under his belt, with 81 points in those games including 15 in 23 games last spring as he helped Chicago to another title. The Rangers need to be aware of Sharp on Saturday, as well, as he is coming off a three assist performance Thursday night and has a four-game point-scoring streak (1-5-6) coming in to play.

Today in Ranger's History:
Feb. 27, 2012 – Henrik Lundqvist extended his own record by becoming the first goaltender in NHL history to earn at least 30 wins in each of his first seven seasons.

Injuries:
•Rick Nash (bone bruise; injury suffered on Jan. 22) - week-to-week
•Jesper Fast (broken nose; injury suffered on Feb. 26)

Upcoming Milestones:
•Marc Staal - 1 game away from 600 in his NHL career
•Dan Boyle - 2 points away from 600 in his NHL career

Rangers/Stars Connections

Glen Sather played his final NHL season with the Minnesota North Stars (1975-76).

Stars Head Coach Lindy Ruff played parts of three seasons with the Rangers (1988-89 - 1990-91).

Stars Assistant Coach James Patrick played parts of 11 seasons with the Rangers (1983-84 - 1993-94).

Viktor Stalberg, Patrick Sharp, and Johnny Oduya were all teammates with the Blackhawks for parts of two seasons (2011-12 - 2012-13) and helped Chicago win the Stanley Cup in 2012-13.

Individual Stats vs Stars

Henrik Lundqvist - 10 GP, 6-4-0, 2.10 GAA, .929 SV% - Lundqvist has posted a 5-2-0 record, along with a 1.99 GAA and a .931 SV% in his last seven appearances against the Stars.

Derick Brassard - 23 GP, 5-5-10 - Brassard has registered six points (three goals, three assists) in his last 10 games against Dallas.

Chris Kreider - 4 GP, 2-1-3 - Kreider has notched a point in three of four career games against the Stars.