Letter

The next morning I was sitting with Olivia and Albert and having my breakfast when a familiar looking white Owl came and dropped a letter on my Lap.As soon as I saw it I realized who it was from.It was something I didn't wish to share with anyone.

"I forgot one of my books I will take it and come." I told them.

"Atleast have your breakfast."said Al.

I took the sandwich I was eating and went towards the lake.Nobody is there at this time of the day.
I sit down at the bench which is located in front of the lake.
As I pridicted there's nobody here.I'm alone.
I open the letter from my Sister.Isabella.She is my best friend,my teacher,my inspiration ..........my every thing.
********
Dear Elizabeth,

How have you been sweetheart.As for me I have been missing you since I last saw you.And I must complain that you haven't even bothered to write me yet.But I would not since I know you must be busy with your prefect duties.

I also wanted to inquire about you friends and wanted to ask you if you have found anyone significant in your life.Also this year mother and father have got a chance at organizing a holiday dance done every year by the most prominent pure blood family.
Their joy knew no bound when they were blessed with this privilege,also this year our parents have decided to do a theme party which will take place on the New Years Eve.I would like to know your feelings Regarding this party, do suggest an appropriate theme.As we can't decide one yet.Different suggestions include "Kings and Queens in the Court","Forest"and "Masquerade"
Any how Mum and Father have been worried even though they don't tell me.They mustn't think of me as Dense .I have been a little sick as you know already,at first it was just some headache's and slight Fever nothing major you see, but one day I started vomiting(with blood).The healer was summoned.She checked me alright and gave me a sad smile and went to our parents.I heard the healer; she was telling them I was suffering from Methia aslifisis and don't have much time.To tell the truth I don't mind dying really it's just I sometimes wonder what could have been if I were to live.I appreciate every moment I live now,the medicines are helping but I can feel the end coming it's looming over the horizon and thus I want you to come and visit the Manor this Cristmas.I want to dress my sister for the last time ,I want to see her and I want to talk to you as much as possible,do come to meet as there are things I need to pass on,so that you or anyone else doesn't forget me even though I'm sure you my dearest sister will never do so but still my heart won't be at rest until you know.

I will patiently await your arrival and don't let your studies be affected with this news.Don't fail me.I would also request you to stay silent about this to our parents as it might hurt them and we don't want to do that ,don't we sister.I hope you reply to me as soon as possible.

Your Lovely Sister
Isabella .

**********
I read the last paragraph again and again ,last time I saw her she was having a fever nothing major or may be ..................
How could I be so blind,Oh My God my sister how could I possibly live without her.This can't be happening.She can't die I wouldn't let her.

It was then I had decided I would do everything possible to save her no matter what it cost me.

Tomorrow was a holiday I will find all I can about the disease.She had to be saved.I didn't know how I was going to do it or what at that but I was not letting go of my Sister so easy.I would save her even if I had to fight death.
*********
I had to go to the meeting with the head girl and boy I was rattled by the news but I wouldn't let it do any harm.If anything I will work hard.Do my duties.I will not fail her.
It was dinner after a hard day with lot of homework not mention my spirits weren't really high.Olivia had been asking me about myself.
I was going towards the Prefect's common room when I bumped into someone and before I could fall I felt strong some what muscular arms steady me.
"Watch were your going Elizabeth" warned the familiar smooth voice of Tom Riddle
Why him of all people

"Sorry,I didn't mean to.."

"That new,The Elizabeth Skylark saying sorry"

I could have given him like thousands of come backs but I wasn't in the mood.
So I simply shrugged and before he could say something else I walked towards Reece.
The meeting was pretty boring with the same rules and regulations ,point systems etc.
Then we were dismissed.
As I was leaving I heard Reece calling me and so I stop.

"Hey"

"Hi,What's wrong with you,you seem a little off"

"Nothing really I guess the pressure of OWLs"

By the look of his face I knew he didn't believe me but I was grateful he didn't push the subject.
*********
Next morning I got up early,got ready and went to the library.I entered and greeted the librarian.

"Good Morning,Maam"

"Good Morning, Can I help you dear"

"Yes,please could you tell me where can I find information on the disease know as Methia aslifisis "

"I'm sorry dear but it is in the restricted section of the library."

"Oh....thank you Maam"

With that I left the library to where I was going to find my permit .

Slughorn.