Inn Plant

"Ok, so maybe I haven't been completely honest with you." I said, adding to our noise of running feet and pouncing paws. "But that doesn't mean I won't be anymore."

"Well that's great." Verie said as we started to approach our exit. "Though I'm not sure this is the right time to talk about this." Then we stopped at the door as Verie pressed her finger against the slick metal. The door flew up revealing our oddly easy escape. Then Verie ran. I started to follow after her, until I realized Oreon wasn't moving.

"Come on boy! I called as I shoved him out the door. Then a pain suddenly enveloped my entire left foot which was still partially inside. Swinging my head back I got a good look at the door that had suddenly swung back down on my heel succeeding in cutting off part of my heel's skin and my shoe.

"Verie!" I shouted in agony as I began to hobble towards her and Oreon who waited reluctantly.

She must have noticed the blood trailing behind me because she soon ran up and swooped me into her arms. "I think they closed that door on purpose, because they obviously noticed us." She answered calmly as we started running. Well by 'we' I mean her and Oreon as I gracefully left a trail of blood down Verie's nice clothes. Looking back I started to make out some guard getting in cars, then the cars started to move, then Verie moved even faster. Then in a blur of colors and the nauseating dizziness enveloping me we somehow got into a dark alley.

"Where... where are we?" My answers came in a long slow chain of intervals as I looked at the fuzzy figure in front of me who I could imagine as Verie.

"We're hiding in an alley right by the doctor's office. I'll take you there once it seems safe." For a moment I saw Verie's face, clear as could be, in a sea of fuzz. Then everything dove back into static which eventually was enveloped by darkness.

The blinding light of white flowers set against the breath taking view of the pink and red sun dipping below the horizon awakened me. It was only my world, once more I was admiring the beauty of life before cities started to threaten the Earth's surface. Plants called to me like old friends, wanting my company just as much as I longed for theirs.

Then the sun was gone. Darkness threatened everything in its cold grip, and before I could pull myself to consciousness a new light appeared. This gift came with squeaking hinges.

Once more I could see the defiled cage, the woman perched on the middle and a man approaching her frail self.

"I knew you've met with her." The man bent forwards and with a breath he hissed into her calm face.

"I knew you would notice eventually, but which clue gave it away?" The sentence obviously startled the man's figure which had seemed set in stone, now the question was who truly had the stronger will.

"You've stopped trying to mark all over your walls." He replied, "It's too bad though," a turn and he pierced the wall with his sour words, "I used to enjoy watching you do it."

"You know she's too strong for you, no science you've invented can contain her."

"Oh, I'm aware of that. What you aren't aware of, is the sensor in her head."

A blood curdling scream bounced off the walls into my ears as I suddenly awoke. A painful tearing sensation in my head made me realize the sound was mine.

"Is she ok in there?" Verie's voice called through to door as I started to notice my surroundings. A doctor's office. It had all the usual equipment that used to make me hate the doctor's as a kid. Ok, so I still hate the doctor's. But come on! It's basically house'o pain.

"Are you ok?" The doctor asked as he leaned into my eyesight.

"Oh yeah, I'm fine now." I answer the young male doctor with a calm voice. Well, at least I think it's calm.

"You've got some kind of metal implant in your head right?" He asks as I remember the previous sensation in my head.

"Oh yeah, implanted there a long time ago." Apparently so long ago I never knew about it. Just like my family, except this will be harder to figure out.