Ch. 13- Dogs unleashed

Start from the beginning

“Anarel, he’s the black magic dude in the clan…”

“Okei dokei, pig in a poky. Time to go!”

Joel’s POV:

The air was heavy with dry smoke from the smoke machines placed strategically on stage… An even thudding ran through my head as I tried to focus on the music that seeped through the thin walls. I was currently in the greenroom of the concert house where The Outcasts were playing. So far all they had done was rehearse, but in a few minutes they were set to go on stage for the real concert. Only problem was they were missing a band member. Xander.

The last note of the song the other band had been playing slowly drifted to an end. Great amounts of applause and cheering were heard before the singer politely thanked the audience before walking off stage with her band mates.

As the announcer told the exited audience to welcome The Outcasts on to the stage, someone knocked on my door. Ted got up slowly and started walking towards the door, that was still being knocked on, as the announcer talked about, something. I could only hear snippets of what he was saying and from what I could hear it was very random.

“You know, if you re-edit what he’s saying, there’s a tampon commercial in there somewhere.” Yuki commented right before Ted opened the door that was now being banged ferociously on.

“Where’s Xander? His freaks are here.” Ted said nonchalantly as he walked past whomever it was that was standing in the doorway. I looked around and noticed that everyone had stood up and was now moving towards the door, except for Xander who was nowhere to be found. He had walked out a couple of hours earlier, saying something about chocolate and something along the lines of boggeli boo.

As my friends left the room to go on stage, I sank further back in my big chair, then I jumped up as I felt an icy hand on my shoulder. I wheeled around to stand face to face with a very familiar redhead, and two not so familiar guys.

“Hi.” Said the beautiful voice of Eliza.

“Hey.” Said the confused voice of me.

“Hello!” Said the unknown voice of, uh, the two guys that were with Eliza. Oh no… Eliza had been alone with two guys I did not know, and I therefore had no knowledge of whether or not I could beat them up. This was not good…

“Who are your, uh, friends?” I said slowly, trying to keep my voice level and non-describing of what I was really thinking. I sort of choked on the last word, and I think Eliza noticed. She raised an eyebrow at me, but answered nonetheless. Well, she didn’t really answer, well, she started to…

“This is…”

“Daniel, I’m her boyfriend. So keep your hands off of her!” Said the blonde boy, a little young, but unfortunately boyishly handsome (unfortunate for me, that is).

“And I’m Anarel, her best friend and the guy who will kick your sorry ass if you hurt her in ANY way. You got that, future toad?” The black-haired guy said in a threatening manner, leaning in just a tad too close to my face. I backed away slightly.