Ch. 13- Dogs unleashed

Start from the beginning

"Yeah." They both answered at the same time.

"You know, it's really unfair to make my little baby brother carry all your stuff, Anarel." I told him, faking disappointment. Truthfully I thought Daniel needed to work a little harder, and anyway, he was a vampire, a little extra weight wouldn't hurt him.

"I'm not. That's all his." Anarel answered in a bored tone. I was surprised, although of course it was typical Daniel to bring more things for him alone than for the whole group combined, at least almost. But one thing bothered me was Anarel. He must have some sort of baggage, I mean he was going on a trip that would last for who knows how long!

"How?"

"I've got lots of stuff in my pockets."

"How?"

"They're bigger on the inside."

"How?"

"A lot."

"How, though?"

"Magic, science, alchemy, whatever you wish to call it."

"How?"

"Do you really want to know?"

"No..."

"Well then, there we have it. Do you want to go?"

I nodded. Then I shook my head. I had just remembered that I was going to meet Xander before going to his band’s show. He should be there soon, I hoped. At some point someone was bound to walk past, and it was only luck that would make it Xander or Joel, or a vampire.

“The Doctor to Danny Boy, The Doctor to Danny boy, do you read me?” I heard a familiar voice shout, but there was something different about it. And when I turned around I saw Xander standing at the edge of the forest, one hand by his mouth holding an imaginary walkie-talkie. Then I realized that the difference was a British accent. The same one as The Doctor.

“Hey Xander!” I shouted back.

“Wassap dawg?!” He shouted. “Yo, homie, come ova’ to da hood, man!”

I started walking over to him, dragging Daniel by one hand and Anarel by the other. They were both resisting, it went against all their instincts to walk peacefully towards a hunter. But this was a friend, and I was going to get them to say hello whether they liked it or not.

“Hi, Rosebud!” Xander greeted me, the nicest greeting I had gotten all day.

“Hey, Xander. Where’s all your stuff?” I asked him, not really knowing what to say, what with the two boys I was towing behind me, still trying to get away.

“So, who’re your friends? I mean I know who Danny Boy is, but who’s the dark ages, black haired dude?” Xander asked me, ignoring complaints from the so-called ‘dark ages, black haired dude’ and ‘Danny Boy’.