Fire vs Water, the show down

Her breath came more heavily and she took a deep breath in. She pressed her lips to mine, they intertwined, I felt an instant connection. How can something so wrong feel so right? We will be sentenced to death if we are caught. I pressed my eyes shut tightly and gripped her waist. I lifted one hand and ran it through her hair.

It was perfect, until Shawn appeared at the end of the hallway. He raced over and ripped her away from me, sending her flying into the wall. She grunted when she hit the floor, pictures falling off the wall and smashing on her.

"DENIA! Are you okay?" I went to run to her put got stopped by a wall of water. I looked at Shawn, standing inches from me, his soft blue eyes now cold with anger. This guy has to be kidding me.

"Sorry man. It didn't mean anything. It kinda... Kinda just hap-" the wall of water came flushing towards me, sending me flying to the other end of the hallway. I hit my head on the door.

"Ow." I said standing up. My eyes getting hotter and hotter. I looked at my reflection in a mirror. My eyes were red, fiery red. I raised my hand and collected a fire ball, I got to the size of a basketball. I released it, sending it hurdling towards Shawn. Before he had time to react, he was already smashed into the wall. He grunted and stood up. A giant hole in the wall was left in his place. Markus came running into the scene and quickly ran out when he saw what was going on.

"Markus!" I called. He was back in the kitchen. He poked his head out as I shot another fireball, it skimming his face.

"Whoa dude! You almost hit me! What do you want!?"

"Get Posidenia out of here! She can't get up by herself." He crawled out and towards her. He crouched on the ground and picked up her motionless body, bridal style. He ran out into the kitchen. I watched them as he walked out, not realizing a tsunami was headed towards me.

"Really dude!" I yelled and put my hands in front of me. I shot out a wall of fire, deflecting the tsunami. It evaporated and I released the wall. Shawn walked towards me. Was this another attack? I readied myself but to my surprise he held out his hand. I shook it and looked curiously at Shawn.

"Your a worthy opponent, and considering the lack of training you have too. I'm sorry for attacking you like that. I was just looking out for Posidenia. She's like a little sister." Both our faces filled with panic, remembering what happened. We ran on the slushy, wet floor, passing charred walls and broken pictures. I passed a picture but slowly walked backwards. The picture was of two men. One I'm assuming is Posidenia's dad, the other was a man that looked familiar.

"What in the world?" I said softly to myself. I took out my wallet from my back pocket. There's a picture of my dad in there. I took out the picture from my wallet and placed it next to the picture on the wall. My jaw fell to the floor, dropping the picture in my hand and my wallet in the other. They fell to the floor making a slush sound.

"What is my dad doing in this picture?" I took the picture off the wall and out of the frame. I folded it up, picked up my stuff off the floor and placed it in my wallet. I leaned down and pretended to tie my shoe. I casually walked into the kitchen.

Posidenia is laying on the counter with an ice pack on her head and motionless.

"She got knocked out." Markus explained and giving Shawn a condescending glance. Shawn slumped down on the counter. I walked over to her. She had cuts all over her face from the glass. I touched her side. It felt wet. I slowly lifted my hand to find it covered in blood.

"Uhh, guys? She's bleeding... Like... Bad!" They rushed over and I lifted up her shirt to find a piece of glass stuck inside her side. I hear a loud thud behind me. I spin around to see Markus lying on the floor. I looked up to Shawn. He shrugged his shoulders and pulled him off to the side. I turned back to Posidenia. Her face was super pale and she was still bleeding. I quickly got paper towel and placed it around the cut.

"Aren't you going to take it out?" Shawn asked over my shoulder.

"Uhh... No. If I do that, I could cut a nerve or tenant or something! Then she would have to have surgery." We both sighed but then I remembered something.

"I think I know a way to get it out without hurting anything! When I was reading up on my fire bender history, I read that, a fire bender can lightly send a flame to the area and send the object out of the body. I just need you to hold it and take it out when I say go."

" have you done this before?"

"No." I said, not making eye contact. He breathed heavily and pinched the glass. I made a flame on the tip of my finger. Slowly bringing it to the glass and wound, I let it kiss the skin around it. The glass started turning red with heat but Shawn didn't flinch. I guess having cold hands pays off.

"Pull it... now!" I slowly pulled it from her flesh, the skin tugging with it. Blood clotted on the glass and blood dripped out of the wound. I heard keys jingling outside the door and a lock click. The door swung open. I ran around the corner to find a woman gaping at the state of the house. I'm assuming its the mother.

"What the hell happened?!" She screeched.

"Ha... Funny story actually." Shawn said in a sarcastic tone.

"this is gonna be good." I muttered as I walked back towards the counter where Posidenia lays.

Authors note: I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Vote, comment, share and follow me!