Chemical Reactions

Third period... Chemistry.  My partner just moved away yesterday so im getting a new partner assignment today. i walk in and see that Posidenia is sitting in Greg's old spot. 

As i walk to the third row from the front, i start pleading, "Please no, please no, please, please, please no." i sit down next to her, head down, muttering.

"Dont act so excited to see me!" she said sarcastically. i was about to say something really rude to her but was stopped by the teacher.

"Good afternoon student." Mr. Beaker spoke loud and clear. "Good afternoon Mr. Beaker." the students said monotonely and in unision. 

Mr. Beaker always goes on and on about different types of chemicals and their reactions. After about 10 minutes of not doing anything productive, my adhd kicks in and i cant focus on anything. My ocd acts up too and i start organising all the instruments on the table. After i would finish putting them in a straight line i would try to put them in alphabetical order too. 

"Donney, hands off of the intruments please and thank you." The class started giggling and i blushed. My hands started glowing and burning. i could feel a flame coming on. I nudged Posidenia. 

"What?" she whispered. I showed her my hands and her face got all messed up looking. She quickly made a water ball and splashed my hands, extinguishing the flame. She looked at me and I looked back at her and mouthed the words, 'Thank you' and she smiled then replied, 'No problem' 

The rest of the day was the same as any day. Average. Posidenia left me alone and Markus was checking out all the girls that passed. Me on the other hand, I went to the bathroom and was trying to figure out my powers.

I tried making myself angry. Nothing. Sad. Nothing. Happy. Nothing. 

"AHHHHHHHHHHH!" I screamed and fire burst through my fingertips. 

"Wow... thats so cool." i started trying to get my fire finger thing to work. i got it a couple times but then i stopped when someone walked into the bathroom. Footsteps. Silence. 

"Donney?!" A loud whisper comes from the other side of the door. i quickly blow out the flame and walk out. 

"Yeah buddy." i said nonchalantely. 

"Why are you screaming in here?" He asked nervously.

"I was trying to," Markus nods his head towards the door. "I wa trying to ugh... i was sad because i miss my dad. He died in a war." I lied.  Well, come to think of it... i guess he did kind of die in a war. But i lied about me being sad. I was actually frustrated. 

"Markus.. you walk out first." i whispered to him. 

He walked out and i put on some fake tears. I learned how to do that when i was forced to go to drama camp. When i walked out all the girls swarmed, 

"Aww!"  they said hugging me like i was a new puppy. it felt kind of good to be noticed for a change. i sniffled just to seal the deal. i put my hand, palm up, behind me and high fived Markus. 

This, I could get used to.

Authors not: I hope your enjoying this and its a little more detailed then the first chapters.