Dangerous Kid

Over the past couple of weeks, things have gotten worse. 

My eyes have been red, filled with what looks like flames.

Fire shoot out from my hands.

And due to my ADHD, I've been having and even worse time paying any sort of attention in class. So far this week, I've had 3 detentions and sent to the office twice. The first was a warning, the second I had to meet with my mom. The principal must have forgotten my dad was dead because he asked where he was. My dad died when I was 5 because he overdosed. I didn't really know him so it doesn't matter anyways.

In my grandparents house, they have a wall of pictures for all the people in my family. There's about 30 that have been turned over because they're dead... Including my dads. Whenever we go to visit, I always turn in back over just to see his face. One time my grandma caught me and she slapped me across the face. I was only 6 at the time but, I've kept that in my mind all these years. I know my family loves me, I love them too but sometimes I wanna punch them in the face. I resist though.

Back to reality...

After school, I went home and asked my mom what is going on with me. She looked at me and saw in my eyes that I was scared. She sat me down and rested her hand on my knee. I started shaking my other leg.

"This is hard to explain. I've waited this long to tell you because I wanted to make sure you were ready. Your father was a... Special man. He had a "fiery" wild side to him." I have her a weird glare and pushed my glasses up higher on the bridge of my nose. I flipped my hair out of my eyes and went back to glaring. Then she continued.

"After two years of being married... we had you... Your father was a fire bender. Five years later... He died because he was drowned by a water bender. As you probably know... Fire and water don't mix well. He was completely submerged in a tank with a lid on it..." I cut her off. My deep voice cracking.

"If fire benders can't go in water, how did we go swimming all those times? How did he have showers?"

"It's only if your submerged and cant come up for oxygen for more than 10 minutes." She replied flatly.

"So wait... That means... I'm.... A fire bender?! That would explain all of the fire shooting out of me!" I exclaimed.

"I have to tell Markus! Pass the phone!" Mom gives me a weird look as if to say, who is Markus? Since when do you have friends?

"Markus is a friend from school, mom. He saw all the stuff happening to me."

"Isn't that also the boy who bullied you?!" Mom said sternly.

"He's changed for the better!"

The next day at school Markus comes running up to me. His face is filled with excitement. His brown eyes are wide and I'm a little freaked out.

"Dude! That's so cool!" He yelled. People start giving us weird glances.

"Shhhhhhh. I can't have people knowing it!"

"Knowing what?" A short girl, up to my chest it standing behind me. (Considering im 6 feet) Her blonde ringlets up in a ponytail. Her tank top covering her belted skinny jeans. She had big glasses and dangly earrings. I spin around and look down. She was cute looking with a puppy dog sort of face. I used to have a crush on her before she turned her hair blonde. It still looks good on her though.

"Can I help you?" I said snarkier then expected, my voice cracking. Her smile drooped into a frown.

"I see how it is. Keeping secrets." Her eyes beamed at me. She starts nodding her head and slowly walks backwards.

"Watch your back Donney... Don't get splashed in the face to much... You might not be able to see what's coming." A scared look came upon my face.

"What the heck was that about?" Markus asked in a quiet voice.

"Posidenia? Poseidon. Water. Water Bender!" Fire shot from my fingertips setting flame to my shoes. I screamed, bringing attention to myself and stomping out the flame.

"You are one dangerous kid, Donney." Markus started chuckling and shaking his head. I did I pitiful laugh and stared off in the direction that Posidenia walked in.

"What have I gotten into?"

"Hey Donney... Why did you get all awkward when you saw her?"

"No reason."

Authors note: I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I should be uploading soon. <3