The cold hard truth

Donney's POV

The only reason I was going to ask out Posidenia at that moment was because Markus told me to man up. I was planning on doing it at the BBQ but nooooo. I had to do it then! The realization that if we dated then we would die kind of turned me off from her in the dating way. I still had feelings for her, my heart would beat 10x fast, I would get butterflies!

* back to reality where I asked her out *

"I was going to ask if you would go out with me?" I felt dissatisfied with the fact I would never have her. I know she felt the same way because I heard her say it. I don't know anymore... What is life? It just... I hate... I mean. Life is just annoying sometimes.

I slowly walked away from her and Shawn. This was a waste of time. I don't even want to go to the BBQ anymore. I walked up to Markus. He was standing looking at chips.

"Markus..." I said sadly. He spun to look at me. His face went from 'I'm weird and a tad bit drunk' to 'what the heck happened'

"You okay bro?" He asked walking closer to me. I shook my head not able to speak. It's not that I was so sad, I was partly in shock and I felt like my perfect person was forbidden from me. Markus patted my back and grabbed the cart he pushed off and stood on the little metal bar and rode off. I attempted a smile.

"Let's go lover boy!" He called after me and I walked off with my hands in my back pockets.

We went to the froze aisle. It was cold and I hand goose bumps. I rubbed my arms trying to warm myself.

"Hey Donney. Grab some ice cream sandwiches and Popsicles!" Markus called to me. I opened the freezer and grabbed some stuff. I threw it in the cart and we went to pay for the stuff.

When we got into the car, Markus turned to me.

"So... What happened?" I hesitated, how do I explain this? Oh! I got it!

"Okay so you know how Posidenia is a water bender right?"

"Yeah" I assured.

"And I'm a fire bender."

"Just get on with the story!" He yelled. I leaned back in my chair and stared out the windshield.

"If two different benders come into any sort of relationship like dating, we can be sentenced to death." Markus didn't reply. I could hear him shifting in his seat.

"So you can die just from dating someone?" I nodded my head in agreement.

"That's stupid!" He said as he started the car. He pulled out and drove towards Posidenia's house. When we were outside of her house I turned to him.

"I just wanna go home." I said sadly. He smacked me across the face. I was shocked! I held my cheek, it still stinging.

"What the hell was that for!?" I yelled.

"Stop feeling sorry for yourself! Get over it! So what you aren't allowed to date her! Just move on. At least your not in the hospital with cancer like my cousin is... And he's 12!" He sighed and huffed himself back into his original seating.

"And you know what else? You can love oth-" I cut him off.

"I know! I'm sorry. I know I don't need to love her for the rest of my life, but its hard not to." We sat in silence. My face still stinging. I felt bad for yelling but I also feel bad for acting like a love sick child. I'm able to get over her, if its not meant to be then this is how I know.

"I guess we're kind of like Romeo ad Juliette." I said attempting to lighten the mood. He gasped.

"What!?" I said frustrated. He scares me sometimes. He turned to me with a slight grin on his face.

"You guys are like Romeo and Juliette! Two different groups, forbidden love, probably going to die in the end..." His face went cold.

"Probably going to die in the end..." He repeated quietly. I unbuckled my seatbelt and opened my door, grabbing the stuff off the backseat. I walked up to Posidenia's front door and opened the door slowly.

"Hellllloooooo?" I looked around. Shawn came walking into the living room. His face looked shocked to see me.

"Hey man! What are you doin here?" He asked suspiciously but grabbed some of the stuff from my hands anyway. He ushered me into the kitchen with his free hand and I placed the ice cream, Popsicles and meat on the counter. I opened the freezer and crammed it in. Someone bounced into the kitchen and then another person followed. I turned around to see Markus and Posidenia on two different sides of the doorway.

"Hey. What are you doing here?" She grabbed my hand and dragged me into a hallway. She was so pretty, my butterflies came back and my palms sweating. My heart told me to kiss her, but my brain told me that if I listen to my heart, I might die.

"I came to drop off stuff for the b-" she put her finger over my lips, silencing me. Her blue eyes glimmering and her blonde hair covering her shoulders. A piece of hair fell in front of her face. I took it and placed it behind her ear, I could tell she was getting nervous. She came closer, I looked down at her face, just inches from mine. She got on her tippy toes and our faces levelled. Our noses touched, our lips centimetres apart. She wrapped her arms around my neck and stared into my eyes. I put my hands on her lower back. Her lips grazed mine, making me want her more.

Authors note: mwHahahahahahaha! Yes I know it's short but I felt it was a good place to stop it :D don't forget to vote and follow me.