Recollections

Sasuke reluctantly cut opened the brown Pandora's Box, eager to find out what's concealed within. Sitting inside was a small, finger-length rectangular device which was a lustrous black, decorated with red lines on each side and a matching cap.

"A USB? Don't tell me that redhead made a copy . . . ," Sasuke scowled bitterly. But again, he recalled the day at the library. By the looks of Karin, she was more overwhelmed with the thought of being his girlfriend rather than making back-up plans. So Sasuke was convinced that the chip had already been destroyed.

Then what's the truth behind the memory stick he was holding onto?

Frowning, the latter went over to the brown, leather couches aligned around a low coffee-table made of glass. Two small piles of cased CDs were placed on its upper-left corner and a couple of scripts and unfinished song composition papers on the opposite. His royal blue Acer laptop was kept accordingly in the middle of the table. Sasuke randomly placed the box and his novel on it before reaching to the microcomputer in front as he took his seat.

While waiting for the system to boot after switching it on, the idol headed to the doors to check whether his dutiful manager had returned from his 'cloud cuckoo land'. Once he opened the door, Sasuke met a wobbly white-haired being who was wiping away the blood from his nose and dusting off the debris on his suit. Kabuto crouched down again to pick up his broken glasses and yelped as soon as he felt a stinging pain on the bridge of his injured nose. As the boiling kettle turned to the teen by the doorway, a lifesaving tune played for its master before Kabuto could grouse at him.

Sasuke immediately went back inside to plug in the USB and observe its contents. A folder popped up behind the LCD screen which contained only one video-clip. His manager groggily sat beside the young man and gave a puzzled look while staring carefully at the screen.

"What's this, Sasuke," he questioned before gasping exaggeratedly and mimed, "Don't tell me you're watching dirty stuff??? My, my . . . You're going through a lot of hardship. Poor lil' King . . ."

The Uchiha glowered at the person on his left exerting a deadly aura throughout the spacious room like miasma.

"J-J-Just kidding, Sasuke! Aha-Ahahaha," Kabuto nervously defended, raising his hands in defeat before gesturing the celeb to continue what he was doing. With a double click on its link, the recording started playing.

"Uh! Thi-this is-"

Both of them couldn't believe their eyes. It was unexpected and shocking for the two gentlemen. Kabuto's mouth hung to the floor with his eyes bulging out of their sockets. Sasuke, on the other hand, remained cool and collected, but anyone could tell that even his ice-cold mask of pride was slowly crumbling, eventually replaced with other ones . . .

Anger. . , Fear. . . . , and Desperation. . . . .

All those unwanted emotions struck down at once like a thousand volts of thunder. As much as the Uchiha wanted to bury them, those feelings unknowingly crawled up Sasuke's 'blood-drained' face.

On the screen showed a bloody scene which occurred that peculiar evening; the day both of them would NEVER forget throughout their lives. It was a video recorded when the accident happened, which was their worst nightmare and the cause of a certain high school girl's comatose situation. Their faces were clearly distinguishable in spite of the video's slight poor resolution.

Who could've done that?! The 'King' himself wasn't able to think straight. He's top- star after all and couldn't have his name stained in the 'black list'. Sasuke vividly remembered the red liquid splattered across the hard, concrete road, and that frail, numb body soaked in that pool of 'red wine'.