From the Sea she came...

Začať od začiatku

We use to meet in an alcove in between where our two oceans meet. A little paradise with a balance of land and sea. It use to be my runaway spot when my father put too much pressure on me to find a good warrior to mate with.

Then I met him. It seemed I wasn't the only one to use this spot to get away from my responsibilities.

He has a beautiful olive complexion with the deepest brown eyes to match. He is a warrior, a strong warrior and if he wasn't the enemy of my father, he would be a fine match my father would approve of.

"Scientist call it global warming, too much fresh water from the antarctic colliding with the pacific and atlantic currents. Others believe God is amgry with how we misuse our oceans,it is a strange phenomenon when there is not a cloud in the sky but the ocean is rough and fishers are unable to go out for their catch"

I listen intently to the news when Jason and Lia walk in the door.

"It's bad Aurora, we snuck home and there are so many casualties" I stood up and pushed them out the door from where they came

We could hear shouts of people at the beach as they watch the ocean move as if it were angry.

We run towards it and dive under.

"I will not let our people die for something that can easily be stopped" I say as we hit the water.

As I knew would happen, my clothes disappear and my tail appears.

We swam fast and hard and I seemed to have lost Jason and Lia. In my attempt to stop the fighting, I swim straight into the battle.

Blood everywhere, sharks circling above to take whatever is left of the kill.

That's when I spot him, the smile creeping on my face as I swim to him. As if he could feel someone watching him, he turns his head as his weapon meets against another.

"Aurora" He whispers. He pushes the man he is fighting away to swim towards me "My love"

Before he appears in front of me, he is caught by none other than my father.

I try to swim near him but I keep getting blocked. I'm hit in the head and lean a little awkwardly to the side.

I feel hands grab my shoulders "Are you ok princess?" Lia asks as I try to nod my head "We need to get you away from here"

"No Titus needs me" I say and swim towards the fighting. Towards Titus.

I have to get to him. A strong need to be with him envelopes me, yet I was so blinded by that need for him I didn't see my father going to attack him.

Instead attacks me while I m
anage to get to Titus from behind.

A scream startles everyone, a scream so grief stricken it sends a shiver down my spine.

I turn my head to realize why that scream was felt so deep within me. It was my mother screaming for me. I frown turning slowly to see my father who had the most fearful expression on his face. Titus snaps his head around and pulls me into his arms

"Titus careful" The deep baritone voice of my father says. It wasn't in warning, it had a hint of sorrow.

"What?" I say then to realise my father's pitchfork had found itself lodged in my side "My love" A sudden tear falls from my eyes "I should have come to you sooner but I didn't know where to look on the surface"

"Hush my love, everything will be fine" I see him nodding his head as all the voices I could hear screaming out orders all fade to nothing.

My eyes slowly closing with the fading glimpse of my one true love pulling me into his arms.

...

...

Titus POV

I was feeling lost, angry, happy, relieved and confused. I am just an emotional wreck all in a few seconds with Aurora suddenly in my arms.

I wanted to pull her closer and kiss her passionately but her mother screamed like I've never heard a woman before and her father whispered 'Titus careful'

I watch a tear fall from her eyes and whisper words I just hear her say.

"Hush my love, everything will be fine" Just as her eyes close, Darius pulls his weapon out of her side.

I press her body towards me to try and stop the bleeding, all while Darius places orders for his mermen to stop. We rush her to their home. I don't have time to notice the wonders of their home but as I swim through the barrier, my legs appear and I walk her to where I'm instructed to take her.

My eyes never leave her face, she has a sun-kissed glow about her, her legs are more toned than I remember but I still love her none the less.

I reluctantly let her go into the arms of a healer and wait by the entry doors

I hear a set of pounding footsteps, hands push me up against a wall. I move my head to the side just as a fist comes at me.

"Did your father tell you I hurt my soul mate?" I look into a pair of eyes that are similar to that of my Aurora. The confusion clear in his expression

...
...

Aurora POV

I find myself lying flat on my back, my tail now legs and to hear shouting that woke me up

"If you had not banished her and kept me from being with her, she wouldn't be lying there" I knew this to be Titus. His voice always sent a shiver down my spine in pleasure with any tone of voice he used.

"You are my enemy and always will be, I will never allow you near my daughter"

"Is that the only difference Aurora has from her other siblings soul mates?"

"Yes, take her from here and I will kill you"

"Then you basically kill your own flesh and blood"

"I rather her dead than be with you"

They didn't see me standing in the door way of the home I grew up in, standing there like my heart shattered once more from my fathers words

"I didn't know that was how you truly felt father, I can't believe you would see your own child dead than be with their soul mate, you once told me that your soul mate is one to be treasured above all else yet you deny me mine" Titus rushes over after his shock of seeing me awake and walking.

I smile at him as I take a hand while his other gently wraps around my waist.

"My child - "

I cut my father off with a glare and tighten my hold on Titus' hand.

"I have been dying inside the moment you banished me and kept me from Titus, you deliberately placed me on land somewhere I knew I was never able to find him" I feel another hand on my forehead and turn to see my mother wipe the sweat from my brow

"You are still not well from the injury, come with me my sweet girl you need to rest" I don't deny her request. I will never deny my mother because she has always seen what I wanted through my heart. As if she knew my mother was going to say something, she looked up at him with a look that stopped him in his tracks "You really want to lose the child, you were so willing to give up on because of some feud you had with his father? I forgave them a long time ago, I suggest you do the same because if you push Aurora away, you will lose me too" Titus squeezed my hand before pulling me into his arms to carry me back to the room

....................................................................................................................................

I hope you liked this one. This is just one of the many stories I will be working on. I loved the little mermaid as a kid, and I'm sure at one stage everyone wanted to be mermaids. Well I did. Stay tuned for more shorts.xx