From the Sea she came...

Standing on the dock of the harbor looking out to the ocean, my heart stirs at the sensation of feeling the water surround me.

I can feel tears fall from my eyes as I lean over the barrier. I try to wipe them away but to miss a few and watch them touch the water.

"Shit" I start to panic when the water begins to stir

"My lady you know not to be near the sea" I hear the voice of my protector behind me "Your father will know where you are"

I laugh as he gestures for me to walk off the dock "I have no doubt he knows exactly where I am every day with his spies he has... As much as he doesn't want me home, I'm sure he likes to keep tabs on me"

"I'm sure he knows my lady"

The water continues to stir around us although the sun was beaming down through cloudless skies, people started to panic as much as my heart beat and it was erratic.

Not only were my tears for home but for my soul mate who I was torn away from.

The very soul mate who is my father's enemy, my soul mate the king of the Atlantic Ocean and king of my heart.

Do I know if he knows I have been banished? I don't know.

Will he come to claim me? I have no doubt he will.

It has only been a few months and I can't bare to breath without him. My protector and his mate moved me away from my father but he is always keeping his eye on me.

As much as I hate him for what he has done to me, I know he still loves me and doesn't want to see me leave him for his enemy.

"Your mother is due for a visit today, are you excited about that?" My protectors soul mate says beside him.

Their names are Jason and Lia. We are all mermaids if you haven't guessed already and I am the only daughter to the second ruler of the South Pacific ocean.

Jason and Lia were assigned to me before I met him. Thinking about him makes my heart ache. They happened to discover they were destined for each other weeks later when they were on the same duties at the same time.

"Yeah I miss her so much" My thoughts have been so far away lately, my attention waivers when I feel a presence wrap me in their arms.

"I miss you too my dear but I feel I have to keep this visit short" I frown as I turn around to face her

"What? Why?" I ask, looking up I see Jason and Lia gesturing for us to leave the dock

"I told Titus that your father banished you for wanting to be with him, he wages war against your birthplace, Titus nearly killed me in rage and so your father prepares for battle" I take my mother's hand rushing her to the car "I must head back my sweet to try and stop this" She lets go of my hand and faces the water "Do not come back my sweet Aurora, what ever may happen will only cause you great pain"

With her last words I watch her hop onto the ledge and dive into the water.

"Jason! Lia! We need to stop this"

"I agree but we need to go about this the right way" I wanted to defy Jason but he knows what he is doing. I sigh and lower myself in the seat "I know its hard your highness but if we go there now, I fear your father will be the first to take you and hide you away, you know your father can be a selfish man with his youngest daughter"

Nodding my head I stare out the window. As we leave the wharf for the house we reside in, I long to be back in the ocean but also long for my soul mate.