Chapter 28

"Doctor, how many times do I have to tell you to sit still?" I groaned in annoyance.

"Do you know how hard it is to sit still?" He whined as he once again moved his position.

"You're the one who insisted that I draw you." I argued.

The Doctor pouted before settling into a more comfortable position. Thankfully he managed to stay still long enough for me get a decent drawing of him.

"Here." I turned my sketchbook around to show off my drawing.

The Doctor's mouth dropped as he took my sketchbook from me. "This is really good!" He gasped. "It looks just like me!"

I blushed deeply as he continued to fawn over my drawing. "It would've been better if you sat still."

"Nonsense, it's perfect." He smiled. "My turn!" Before I could protest the Doctor snagged the pencil out of my hand and flipped to a new page. "Now stay still." He said in a slightly lower octave, making my heart flutter slightly.

I watched him intently as he concentrated on his drawing. The crinkles in his forehead were set deeper than usual and his tongue poked out slightly from between his lips. I had to refrain myself from kissing him right then and there. Suddenly a loud ringing rang throughout the TARDIS breaking me out of my dreamy stupor.

"Doctor aren't you going to get that?" I asked gesturing towards the phone.

He shook his head as he continued to draw.

With a roll of my eyes, I stood up from my seat on the steps to go answer the phone.

"You're supposed to stay still!" He argued from his seat on the swing.

"You moved way more than I am, trust me." I threw him a wink as I turned my back on a now pouting Doctor. "Hello?" I answered into the phone.

"Yes, hello. Is the Doctor there?" A very proper, British, female accent asked over the phone.

I waved the phone at the Doctor through the glass flooring. "Phone."

He waved it off, still concentrating on his drawing. "Busy!"

I glared at the Doctor before turning back to the phone. "Can I take a message?" I asked.

There was a brief chatter on the other line of hushed voices talking to one another: two female, one male. The girl I was originally talking to spoke back into the receiver. "Yes, just make sure he's quick about it. Tell 'em that we're at the Opera Populaire in Paris, France, 1870. It's at utmost importance that he gets here as soon as possible."

"Wait, did you say the Paris Opera House?" I asked in disbelief, glancing down at the Doctor, who was listening in curiously.

"Yes, miss, I did. There's a ghost haunting the place and we need the Doctor." She answered firmly.

"No way, the Phantom of the Opera!" I gasped excitedly into the phone.

The Doctor's head perked up immediately as he ran up the stairs to the console.

"Yes, boy!" A harsh male voice shouted into the phone, nearly making me jump out of my skin. "There's an Opera Ghost and we need to annihilate it!"

"He's a she!" The woman corrected him.

"Both of you please remain proper. You're scaring the poor girl." A new female voice scolded the two. "I'm so sorry about that. Please, tell the Doctor that we need him." With that she hung up abruptly.