Chapter 17

"Ugh. How many times do I have to tell you, its too frizzy today and I want it out of my face." I groaned flopping onto my bed and hiding my face in one of the many pillows.

"But Amy wants to see Claire Bear's pretty hair." She cried nuzzling her face in my back.

I pushed her off with a laugh. "What on earth did you just call me?" I asked.

"Claire Bear. I kind of like that, actually. I think I'm going to call you that for now on."

I threw a pillow at her. "There is no way in hell you are calling me that! The Doctor will pick up on it immediately, then I'll never be rid of it."

"Exactly." She said with a devilish grin. A gasp escaped my lips as she whacked me with a pillow.

"What was that for?" I asked whacking her in return.

She erupted into a fit of giggles as the two of us repeatedly whacked one another with pillows. It didn't take very long for Rory to come barging in.

"What are you guys doing?" He asked. "I could hear you two from down the hall."

"I'm just trying to get Claire to wear her hair down." Amy pouted.

"Which is not going to happen." I said whacking her with a pillow.

"You know what, let's make a pact. I won't tell the Doctor your new nickname if you wear your hair down for the entire day."

"Oh that's blackmail!" I gasped.

"Doctor!" Amy hollered.

"Wait! I'm taking it down, I'm taking it down!" I hurriedly took my bun out letting my curly mane stick out every which way. "I look like Cousin It."

"No you don't." Amy protested as she parted my hair to the side in an attempt to calm it down a bit.

"I heard shouting. What happened?" The Doctor asked barging into the room screwdriver in hand.

"Nothing, just a little blackmail." I muttered.

He eyed us suspiciously before leaving the room. "Wait for it." Amy grinned just as the Doctor came running back in.

"Blackmail?" He asked looking between the two of us suspiciously. Immediately I pointed at Amy who shook her head vigorously.

"Just ignore them Doctor, they're fighting over whether Claire should wear her hair down or not." Rory informed him with a roll of his eyes.

"BETRAYAL!" Amy shouted as the two of us chucked pillows at him.

He immediately held his arms up in defense before running out of the room for cover. "Wimp!" Amy called after him with a laugh.

"Oh Amy, that wasn't very nice. He's your husband." I said feeling bad for Rory.

"He'll get over it." She then turned her attention to the Doctor an evil smirk crossing her features.

The Doctor gulped as he slowly started backing towards the exit. "I'm going to leave now." He stated pointing towards the exit. Amy then chucked a pillow at him, which he swiftly dodged. "By the way, I like your hair, Claire." He said just as another pillow came flying his way. Luckily, he moved out of the room just in time, leaving completely unharmed.

"Well at least you know a certain someone likes your hair." Amy teased.

I felt my face heat up from embarrassment. "Shut up." I said whacking her with a pillow one final time.

~

"So are we headed back to the party then?" Amy asked leaning against the console as the Doctor plugged in a few coordinates.