Chapter Fifty-Four

Start from the beginning

All of the tables were rapidly filling up and the lines next to the food slots were dissipating. 

I tried not to stare too long at all of the gruesome and supernatural beings I walked by as I followed Kylo Ren through the boisterously crowded room. After a while I merely focused on the back of Kylo Ren's back. I tried to block out the vociferous noises around me.

As Kylo Ren had predicted, people did try to talk to me. As I had mentally predicted, I did not enjoy it in the slightest.

"Hey, little lady." 

"Where are you from?" 

"You wanna sit with us, girl?"

"Yeah, I saved a seat for you right here on my lap, sugar!"

A chorus of whistling greeted me as I walked past one particularly rowdy table. Kylo Ren raised his palm towards them and, without even turning his head to look, silenced them (presumably with The Force). 

We reached the tall black platform, which turns out had steps on both sides. Kylo Ren past the platform and towards a food slot behind it. He grabbed his tray from it and waited for me to grab mine. 

I stepped forward and looked expectantly at Kylo Ren. "Go." He commanded; I could barely hear his metallurgic voice over all of the shouts, whoops, and clatters that whirled around the room. 

I looked back at the slot and took a step towards it. A small red light flashed directly above the slot; I took it to be a motion sensor. I faintly heard a small beep emit from the slot. The back wall of the slot slid upwards and a tray of food was pushed out. I reached into the slot, grabbed the tray, and turned towards Kylo Ren -- he was already walking away. 

We reached the black platform a second time, and this time Kylo Ren ascended the steps. I followed him; my anxiety was at its highest level.

We reached the top of the platform and he sat at one of the metal black seats around the table. The seats were welded into the ground. I hesitated before taking the seat next to him. It took several minutes for the rest of the seats around us to fill in. 

I could only hear two things -- the clinking of silverware and consistent chatter. I glanced down at the nutrition discs on my plate. I then looked shyly around at the group of people sitting near me. 

"So, you've finally decided to introduce us to the famous Nira Leven?" Asked a woman from across the table. She slyly smiled at Kylo Ren, who was staring at her from behind the mask. Even though he wore the mask and shielded his face, everyone knew that Kylo Ren was giving this woman a deathly glare. 

"I'm -- " I cleared my throat and spoke in hopes of cutting the tension, "I'm Nira." 

The woman, along with several other important-looking persons surrounding me, all turned their heads to look in my direction. The woman's eyebrows were raised and she wore a devilish sneer. 

"I am Rulara. Nice to meet you, Nira." As she spoke, her taunting smirk widened. I uncomfortably nodded towards her. 

Kylo Ren suddenly stood up. "Rulara. I have some paperwork from one of your clients to give you. I'm going to go retrieve it." 

"Better hurry." Rulara cooed in an almost demeaning manner. Kylo Ren stared at her for a few cold moments. He then walked down the steps of the platform. I watched the top of his helmet disappear and then I turned back to my plate. 

He left me alone. 

This is not going to go well, I thought worriedly. I quickly glimpsed at all of the people sitting directly next to me.