De-Void

Chapter Forty Three

****

While everyone else stayed in the kitchen, I decided to venture back into the living room where Mama McCall was still bandaging Stiles up. The closer I got the more visible the tears became in his eyes, I could literally feel part of my heart break. 

"Stiles." Mama McCall said as she noticed the tears as well, he nodded in response as the tears finally began to flow. My heart wanted to believe that this was really Stiles coming through, but my head was telling me to not be so stupid, that it was just another trick. 

Melissa gave me a glance before her hand made it's way to the tape located on his lips. With one swipe the tape was removed, and the sobs were audible. I knelt down next to her, staring at him trying to decipher if this could in any way be my boyfriend. But, any thought that it was actually Stiles was washed away as the sobs stopped, a look of disappointment but evil on his face. "Really, Melissa? I shed one tear? That's all it takes?" Then he turned arounds me, "And you...now this is surprising. I think I almost had you fooled, didn't I, Autumn? Looks like someone is beginning to become more vulnerable. Come on. You guys can't crumble that easily. Autumn, how are you going to hold up when Stiles or another one of your precious friends dies? I mean, you are a Banshee, right? You'll know it before it even happens, you''ll hear it. You'll see it. That's right, I know exactly what you are. A little  like your sister, but you're more tricky than her...maybe I like that about you. I do have a thing for tricks. Too bad you just really have no idea what you're capable of, now Lydia, well she can learn some things. But you, it's all just coming naturally. You're an incredible supernatural being, too bad death is your specialty." His eyes looked deeply into mine before he turned around towards Melissa once again, "And you, how are you going to hold up when Scott knows the truth?" 

" His eyes looked deeply into mine before he turned around towards Melissa once again, "And you, how are you going to hold up when Scott knows the truth?" 

"What?" 

"When he finds out why his dad really left? You know he overheard it, right?" I was now really regretting coming in here. "You had no idea." I wanted to smack the look of amusement right off his face, the Nogitsune was enjoying every second of this. "You called Stilinski right after it happened. You didn't tell Scott, but you told the Sheriff. Hmm. Stiles heard it like he hears everything, and Autumn...well she was sitting right next to him doing homework in her own little world. But do you wanna know why he never told Scott? Because he knew that Scott would never forgive you. He knew how much he would hate you. And Autumn, he didn't tell her because you've always been like a second mom to her, and if Scott hated you...well, you know what that would lead too."