Broken

Chapter Eleven

****

"You know that there's a temple in Calcutta where they used to sacrifice a child every day? That's every day a dead baby, guys, every day! Hey, you want to know what today is? It's dead baby day. Oh, no, wait, that's every day, because every day is is dead baby day, yay!"

Lydia and I continued to walk down the hallway as Stiles rambled on about the research he had done on sacrifices, "And why are you telling us this?"

"Because Scott's dealing with the Alpha twins."

My sisters walk came to an abrupt stop as she turned her attention quickly to Stiles. "Alpha twins?"

"Yeah, Alpha twins? I mean, I know they're werewolves, but Alpha's?"

Stiles gave both my sister and I a look, "Yes, Alphas. Autumn hasn't told you anything yet? Ethan and Aiden..."

"Oh, yeah.." Lydia said with wide eyes as she continued her walk down the hall, "I knew about them." She added, lying right through her teeth.

"Oh God, they're a part of the Alpha pack aren't they?"

My boyfriend nodded slowly, his eyes squinting in my direction. "Yeah, that would be correct. Anyways, here's what I'm thinking. I'm thinking the murders maybe come in threes. Ancient people love things in threes, right? So maybe first it's three virgins, and then, I don't know, maybe it's three people who own little dogs."

This time I was the one to stop walking, "Stiles, we own a little dog." I reminded him, crossing my arms over my chest.

Stiles threw his hands onto his hips, giving Lydia and I an extremely awkward look along with a heavy sigh. "We're not getting rid of our dog!" Lydia exclaimed, shooting Stiles a sassy look.

"Would you just think about getting rid of your little dog?"

My head shook quickly, "No." I said with a roll of my eyes. "And by the way, you can not discern a pattern by a single data point, so stop trying."

"Wha-Okay, so what, I'm just supposed to wait around for someone else to die, then? I'm just supposed to sit there and watch them die? Just wait for them to wither up and die right in front of me?"

"Wither?" Lydia questioned.

"You know what I mean. Die, in just a hideously awful, strangulating, head-bashing, throat -cutting kind of way." My boyfriend exclaimed, throwing his hands everywhere before resting them back on his hips.

I took one of his hands into mine, intertwining our fingers. "Look, maybe it's not your job. You said it yourself, they were strangled with a garrote. That's a human thing to do, so...Maybe just leave the figuring out part to someone human."

"You mean someone like my dad?"

"No, Stiles. She means your dad." Lydia said, rolling her eyes. "The Sheriff."

Then she was off, strutting down he hallway without me. "Hey, look at me." I said, grabbing Stiles' chin with my free hand. "Relax, okay? This is all going to be figured out... and I know you wanna help, because this is what you do, you figure things out, but try not to stress about it too much. Now, let's get to class."

****

"You seriously took apart his bike?" I whispered to Allison as we took our seats in Ms. Blake's class. Stiles and I ran into her and Scott on the way to class so we all walked together, them filling us in on the new plan to piss off the Alpha's.

"Yeah, everything's in Scott's bag and Isaac has the bike. Hopefully this works."

I leaned forward on my desk so I could get a good view of Scott. He just sat smirking at the twins, them looking at him weirdly back not understanding why he was looking at them the way he was.