Chapter 12: Desire for that Energy

Selena's POV:

13th January

One day you will love us. One day we will agree with one another.

"No, I hate you. I will always hate you guys. All you will do is turn me into nothing. You destroyed my life." I cried in the corner of the room. Tomorrow would be the day I was going to lose everything. Not that I had anything in my possession. The only one who could possibly miss me was Demi, but she wouldn't suffer from it. Even if I didn't turn into a horrible creature tomorrow, she still would never see me again. Her parents didn't allow her to be with me, but she knew about me. I had to move if nothing would happen tomorrow.

And I just sat there on the old small mattress. I saw how my skin got paler and paler. The fact that I couldn't think anymore tomorrow also made me happy. I was finally getting freed from suffering and being aware of the pain that my shadows give me every second of the day. Nothing could be my own fault anymore, I was not a murderer anymore.

DemiD92: At what time is your birthday..?

I got the message via my phone. She wanted to know when it was over. I completely understood her. She wanted to know when she REALLY couldn't be with me anymore.

SuperSellyG: tomorrow 22:54

SuperSellyG: Don't ever forget that I love you.

DemiD92: I love you too...

14th January

I couldn't sleep this night. I had been sitting in the corner all day. I didn't want to go outside. I didn't want to see people. I wanted to be alone. Of course, I could never be completely alone, I've never been. The shadows were going easy on me this night and I didn't know why. Tonight was the time and I wasn't prepared. I checked my phone several times, hoping Demi would talk to me. I didn't want us to have the 'I love you, I love you too' last words cliché. Because I was too afraid to think this was actually real. I just wanted to talk to her as if nothing was going to happen. The hours passed by. I didn't need food. I didn't need water. The shadows gave me enough energy to prepare myself. I watched the sunset, which is when my heart started to pound heavier. Goodbye, sun. More hours went by and the silence around me drove me insane. I lied down with my knees up, as the tears started to fall. I sniffed while humbling a song until I looked at the clock.

22:46

I sighed. This was it. I wiped my tears away, saddened that my mind had to die this way.

Until suddenly, someone knocked at the door. I slowly sat up with messy hair. I looked down the window and saw a body wearing a jacket with its hood on its head. I saw brown curly locks coming from underneath the hood. Demi. I quickly ran downstairs and opened the door. My awareness of time was gone. I didn't know if walking down the stairs cost me a second or seven minutes. Maybe it already started. What if. I backed out when I looked into Demi's red eyes. She stepped forward.

"I'm here to be with you during your last seconds." She said quietly. I wanted to say a lot, but no word escaped my mouth. I pulled Demi inside, closed the door and ran upstairs. Demi hastily followed me. I stopped when I entered my room and embraced the woman who cared so much about me that she was even here to watch me dying into a zombie state. I cried in her arms.

"I.. I'm s-so scared.." I cried. Demi rested her forehead on my shoulder, but then quickly pulled away. I looked at the clock on my phone.

22:52