Chapter 7: Am I in love?

Demi's POV:

4th January:

It was 2 AM at midnight while I slowly walked downstairs in my pajamas. I quietly listened with my ear against the door to the living room. My mother was on the phone. Shit. What was she doing here in the middle of the night? With my ear still attached to the door, I waited until my mom finally wanted to walk upstairs. After 5 minutes, she walked to the kitchen. That was good enough for me. I slowly pulled the doorknob. It cracked. I squeezed my eyes while pulling it even more carefully. I opened the door and slipped through it. My mom indeed stood in the kitchen, so she didn't see me. I looked around for her purse and found it on the couch. I scrabbled for the wallet and quickly took some bills from it. My heart pounded wildly. My mother hung up the phone. I heard her footsteps coming toward the living room. I quickly put the bills inside the side of my underwear. Great. My mom looked up and almost got scared to death.

"You scared me, honey. What's wrong?" she solicitously said. I rapidly tried to come up with something, but the pressure gave me a blackout. I stuttered sleepy.

"I... I uhm..." I scratched my elbows. I didn't know anything to say.

"Oh, are you sleepwalking again, dear? Come on, let me take you upstairs."

I almost burst out laughing but corrected myself. It was actually a quite well excuse for me to come downstairs so quietly. I didn't reply and acted the way upstairs again. My mother opened the blankets and I slowly crawled into bed. It was like the old days when she did it every night. At that time, I was always grumpy, because I was the first to head off to bed. She carefully tucked me in, which I found quite adorable. I pretended to fall asleep. One of my sisters used to sleepwalk allot, so I knew how to make it look real. She left the room. I giggled as quiet as possible and pulled the bills out. I placed them in my nightstand. Good job, Demetria.

5th January

"Here." I handed the bills to Selena. She was shocked by the green papers, which were rolled up in my hand. The class was quietly making homework for English. She sat behind me.

"How much is that!?" She almost yelled. I held my finger to my mouth to shush her. Fortunately, nobody looked up, instead of the teacher. I placed the bills in her hands and quickly turned around. I wrote something down in my notebook and held it up. '$200', it said.

"What the fuck..." I placed it back down again. I felt the papers on my shoulder. To my surprise, she indicated them back.

"I can't take them. This is too much." She whispered. The bell rang and we packed our stuff.

"It's yours now. Stop complaining. I offered you money, here you have it." We walked out of class. Alice ran to her locker because she forgot to take our French book. I turned towards Selena, but before I could say or expect anything, she wrapped her arms around my waist.

"Thank you. I don't know how you got it, but thank you." She quietly said. I enveloped my arms around her neck as well. Her hugs always felt nice. I felt her warm cheeks against my ear and her chest slowly went up and down against mine. After letting go, I got a text from ruby.

Ruby x: Today's training; replaced from 17:00 to 17:30. I see you this evening with skinnylegs! X Rubber

Rubber was a funny nickname people gave her when her hair stuck in a rubber band once. She cut her hair a month later. Selena has been training here for 2 months now, and she is really getting ahead of it all. She is faster and she finally built little muscles around her arms and shoulders. It's not much, but it is something.