Chapter 3: The Mistake

Demi's POV:

December 6th  

Yesterday I was at my church. We were singing and praying, but the only thing that was on my mind was Selena. I didn't know why. She was so interesting. I made her from Skinnylegs to a future kickboxer. How cool is that? I remembered a part of the preach precisely. The vicar took a sip from his glass of water and started burying his conservative thoughts into our souls:

God is our guardian
He gives us safety and protection
He prevents us from getting on the wrong path
And he forgives us if we learn from our mistakes
He made the bible so he could teach us that what we can and cannot do

I read to you: 1 Corinthians 6:9-11

Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

I want you to engrave this piece into your heart
God does not prevent us from committing sins
If you do not stick to the rules of the almighty
The doors to the Lord's heaven will not be opened for you
And you will pay for being a part of the sinners

It was fun to go to church. Meeting friends of all ages. But those preaches had brainwashed the whole town. I never felt like any practice of homosexuality was a sin. Not that I had ever done something like that. Preference in sexuality was something I never really thought about. I wouldn't mind if I fell in love with a girl, but my parents? They'd never understand, probably.

I was getting ready to go to school. Was Selena going to follow me now? I didn't know if I wanted that. Alice was a very good friend of mine. Only walking around with her was enough fun for me. If Selena would walk with us, it could change our mood. I guess. Selena was nothing like Alice. And what would the rest of the school think about it? I know, Selena is way more important than my popularity. But it's still a disadvantage. I should just wait for what was going to happen. Maybe Selena already made a friend, by asking someone else to go lunch with her. I felt bad to cancel the suggestion. So bad, that I started acting weird during our chat. I felt sorry for that, too. After saying bye, I thought about what I had sent her. I was being a real jerk. She must have regretted the question, that would be completely unnecessary. I felt so stupid.

I parked my car in the parking lot and walked towards the doors. I jammed on one of Coldplay's songs with my earplugs. Selena's motorcycle already stood near the waste containers. She was already at school. Shit. I walked inside and opened my locker while imperceptibly play-backing to Viva La Vida. I noticed something remarkable. Alice usually already encountered me and should now stand beside me. But she wasn't here. Which is when I realized I hadn't checked my phone this morning. I took it out of my bag and opened a message: Me sa sick, master. Me sa cannot leave my cave, master. :) x Al. (can pass on you my absence the teachers to? x Yoda)

I laughed and pulled out my earplugs. I closed my locker. I turned around and saw Selena nearby her locker, too. She looked paralyzed at me and quickly turned around. Why didn't she say hi? I was confused and quickly walked to my class.

Selena's POV:

I stopped my motorcycle near the waste containers and walked inside. I walked over to my locker and viewed my schedule. Biology and economy. I heard a quiet whisper behind me. I turned around and saw Demi standing alone by her locker. Her hair was shining, especially with the school lights, after lowering her head. I smiled.