Chapter 69: Make Her Your Girlfriend

Start from the beginning

"I told you, we hug and kiss. She said I can do that only to her because she is my girlfriend. She said a boy could only have one girlfriend. I can't get close to any other girl. Those were the rules." Nash answered.

I laughed at this.

Rules.

Anyway, did he just say--

"Kiss? Like, lips to lips?"

"No! That's disgusting! Saliva!" He makes a sour face.

"She kisses me on the cheeks. I kiss her on her cheeks too. They're... They're soft and nice."

I let out the breath I was holding.

Damn, I am relieved.

And I admit that I find it kind of adorable.

I check on the Google results on my phone.

I click on a link.

My 5 year old son in Kindergarten has a girlfriend, should I be concerned?

amlcs: A lot of younger kids will have girlfriends/boyfriends. It all depends on the "details" of this relationship. Truth is...it's not the kind of boyfriend/girlfriend relationship you think it is. Have you ever seen the pictures of the little kids holding hands? Relationships to 5 year old kids are very different from relationships to 30 year old adults. They just may be really good friends. It is nothing to worry about.

Leigh: no, a lot of kids do that, they dont even know what girlfriend really means, he just thinks it means you like a girl. theyll just hold hands maybe and eat snacks together, itll be fine.

beehappy: No-all kids go through that phase. Next week, he'll think girls have cooties. Enjoy the cuteness of this phase while it lasts.

I am even more relieved.

I guess I shouldn't be concerned.

Moments when I feel like a mother.

I would make a good mom.

Yeah, mom.

I've been reading mommy tips on the internet since Vicky left us.

"Why does the blonde girl kiss and hug you if she is not your girlfriend?" Nash asked.

I heave out a sigh.

I don't even know why, myself.

I can't answer his question.

But, I have to.

I know it will bother him until tomorrow if I don't.

I guess I'll just have to make up something to make it easier for the both of us.

"She was my girlfriend, but, we already broke up."

I went on, "If you break up with Tasha, she cannot kiss or hug you anymore. You cannot kiss or hug her anymore. I won't kiss or hug Tiffany anymore."

Nash nodded in understanding.

If only we were always as simple minded as kids, I wouldn't have too many things to worry about.

What was it between me and Tiffany, anyway?

I know she loves me, but, I can never do the same.

I admit, I wronged her.

If I wanted to have sex with her, I should have committed myself to her first.

That was the right thing to do.