76 | As mermaids

Aries: a vibrant and beautiful creature, Aries mermaids reside in shallow, brackish water such as lagoons, sometimes playing tricks on nearby humans or even drawing ships to their doom with siren calls, their tails are a deep, blood red, marked with unclean, black stripes and fins that unfurl like fans at the end of their tail and its sides.

Taurus: these laid back beauties stick to mangroves and slow moving water, they decorate their bodies with the wonders of the sea: pearls, shells, and even the ocean life itself, allowing starfish to stick to their tails, they avoid others but will save many sailors from drowning, their scales are as golden as the sun, their fins strong yet tapered delicately.

Gemini: these mermaids are often found in the middle of the sea, playing with dolphins or even whales, they often tease sailors and flirt with them relentlessly, their tails particularly long and strong. Their fins are shaped like wings at their back and trailing in a swirl behind them, a radiant blue and white like the surf.

Cancer: these mermaids make their homes in coral reefs, curled up with eels and using clams as pillows, they protect the reefs from boats and fishermen, they hoard pearls and all other treasure they find, their skin and scales are almost translucent, resembling mother of pearl, and emit a soft light similar to the moon, yet their scales are hard like shell and their nails and teeth must be sharp to defend themselves and the reef.

Leo: these mermaids are brazen, they often approach populated beaches, drawn by the laughter of children. They decorate themselves with the treasures of the sea, braiding pearls and shells into their hair and wrapping plants around their waists. Their tails are like sunlight, their eyes sharp and golden.

Virgo: these reclusive mermaids live in freshwater rivers where they hunt fish and play in the current, they clean the rivers of trash and help animals survive, algae creeps up their tails and their skin is splattered with markings similar to the pebbled riverbed, their tails are almost rough like an alligator's.

Libra: more siren than mermaid, these gorgeous beings often steal sailors away, seducing them with first their elegant voices and then their eyes as bright as the sky, they don't realize that they are harming the sailors, only taking them to a better place, Libran mermaids are like wisps of mist, airy and light, tails shiny and a gentle blue, fins delicate and wispy.

Scorpio: no human has ever seen a Scorpio mermaid, they remain deep beneath the sea where few have ever reached, where no light touches, reclusive and secretive, their scales are as dark as the night but their skin is patterned with intricate swirls which emit a hazy, purple glow just as their eyes do, their tails are as lithe as an eel and finned in a similar manner

Sagittarius: who knows where you will spot this mermaid, they travel all over the world, from freshwater to the deepest depths of the ocean, constantly exploring and seeking out other mermaids and people alike, their scales are scattered across their body, the color of the sunrise, and their fins are a brilliant fan, ombre and almost ruffled as it creeps up their tail in layers.

Capricorn: reclusive and quiet, these mermaids stay in deep water, very rarely coming to the surface, they are predators but do not attack humans as other mermaids do because they wish to be left alone. Their tails are a deep color that wavers between purple and blue, their fins hard and sharp, all lean muscle and dark eyes.

Aquarius: these mermaids often hang around heavily populated beaches and even ports, curious about human beings and their technology, they often make friends with humans and visit them regularly, when not amongst humans they are exploring the ocean, their tales are a deep, regal purple, their hair long and tangled. They decorate their bodies with strange items they find in the water.

Pisces: these little mermaids are mostly reclusive but very curious about humans, they live in lagoons or among the mangroves, quiet and never imposing, they keep the animals safe and use their magic to keep the water clean, their scales are a deep magenta that glimmers in the light, fins as long as their hair, at their jaw rests a pair of fan-like fins that they use to scare away predators.

Omg! This is written so well! Made a few changes cuz it was kinda long tho. Now I'm imagining me as a mermaid with sporks and rubbish on me tail....