eighteen

Lauren opened her eyes wearily, feeling movement in her room.

"You're not staying?" She brought her bed sheets up to her bare chest, as if it were wounded.

"I don't want to get either one of us in trouble." Camila answered, slipping on her sweater, the last item of clothing needed to fully cover her.

"Come on Camz. Both of our parents know that you and I are having a baby together. I don't think us having a little sleepover is going to be that big of a shock now." Lauren reasoned. She patted the empty side of the bed next to her hopefully, and angled her head downwards, allowing her dark hair to fall down around her shoulders, in as alluring of a pose she could muster, given her current state of sleepiness.

"My parents will still be pissed if I don't come home. And I really don't want to deal with your father again in the morning." Camila shuddered at the thought, and grabbed her shoes from the floor decisively.

"Send your parents a text now, saying you're staying here tonight to take care of me, your pregnant girlfriend, and don't worry about Dad. He won't be up yet when we leave." Lauren layed back down against her pillow, and when Camila didn't immediately join her, she added with a whine, "Come on!"

"Fine." Camila hooked her thumbs into the button of her jeans and let the slide back down her hips and then pulled her sweater off next, leaving her in briefs and her sports bra. She grabbed her cellphone off of Lauren's nightstand and quickly sent a text message to her mothers phone:

Staying at Lauren's tonight. She needs me. See you tomorrow. Love you.

She slid in next to Lauren again, admittedly happy to be incased in the warmth once more. Lauren let out a happy sigh of content, and snuggled her body into Camila's, nestling her head in the crook of her neck.

"It's nice to have you stay the whole night." She murmured.

Camila kissed the top of her head in response, and reached down to her unclothed stomach, rubbing it softly.

"Can you feel anything?" Lauren asked.

"Not really." Camila admitted.

"Me either." Lauren frowned, and let one of her hands wander down to join Camila's. "Everything seems so hypothetical right now, I mean with our parents, and living together, and marriage when the only proof I have that a baby even exists is a couple of sticks with little plus signs on them."

Camila shifted down the bed, so that her head was in line with Lauren's stomach. She kissed it, making Lauren giggle, then pressed her ear up against it.

"You hear anything?" Lauren asked after a moment, "A heart beat or something?"

"No." Camila answered with a frown, "Sorry Lo."

She left one more kiss on her tummy and resurfaced face to face with her again. She wrapped her arms around her, cradling her against her.

She yawned loudly, "That's okay. I'm too tired to worry about that right now anyway. Goodnight Camz. I love you."

"Love you too." Camila replied back, as her eyelids fluttered off.

--

At six a.m. Lauren's alarm rang, and Camila barely managed to hold open her heavy eyes as Lauren stirred and silenced it. She groaned loudly, sitting up in bed, and letting out a mock cry.

"No!" She moaned.

"Let's go back to bed." Camila answered with a yawn.

"We have school." Lauren pointed out with a huff.