twelve

There was an uncomfortable moment of silence, as both Camila and Lauren sat, both stunned by Camila's words.

"Lauren?" Camila finally asked cautiously. She still stared blankly ahead.

"Did- Did you hear what I said?" It was a stupid question to ask, and she knew it, but Lauren's eerie unresponsiveness made the moment extremely uncomfortable.

"I heard you." Lauren said. She swallowed and looked at Camila, as if she was considering something.

"And?" Camila asked. Was she about to be rejected? It sure felt like it. And by the girl who several weeks ago had been in hysterics over her leaving her, to a point of no shame.

"I don't know." Lauren said honestly.

"You don't know?" Camila asked incredulously, blinking.

"Well damn it Camila, don't act so suprised!" Lauren snapped, "Do you think after all the suffering you put me through, you can just come around on your own terms, tell me that you love me, and I'll just jump right into your arms so we can live happily ever after?"

Camila floundered for a moment, unsure of what to say.

"Do you know what I've been going through?" Lauren asked her. Her eyes narrowed, and Camila's face flushed, her cheeks burning. She'd just unleashed something. Lauren had come here to talk, and now she truly was going to say everything she needed to.

"I gave my virginity to you. I did anything I could to make you happy, and made my life revolve around you. I gave you everything, without even getting an actual relationship in return. You know why Camila?"

It had sounded like a rhetorical question, but after a long pause Camila realized Lauren was looking at her like she expected an answer.

"Uh..." Camila wrung her hands together nervously, trying to carefully word a response she would like to hear. But she didn't give her time.

"Because I love you!" Lauren answered, "And I never once saw that love reciprocated. I asked for a relationship with you, and you left me to be with another girl. Do you know what that said to me Camila? That I was just an object to you!"

"But that's not true! I don't think that, I swear!" Camila interrupted, wanting her to understand she meant it.

"You used me for sex day and night, and when I asked you to give me anything beyond that you walked out on me." Lauren said. Her voice quivered, and she couldn't believe how much of her pent up emotions she was setting free now, but she couldn't stop.

Camila looked at her pleadingly, "Lauren, I'm sorry, I-"

"I'm not finished." Lauren's voice was angry and icy. Camila shrunk back, fearing the sound of it. Before tonight, she'd never heard her speak to her so harshly.

"After that you ignored me." Lauren continued, "I had to see you every fucking day at school, and watch you with another girl, who by the way, I think deserves to know what you did behind her back, if you plan on continuing a serious relationship with her."

"Lauren I just told you I love you." Camila interrupted. Another stone cold glare from Lauren and she fell silent again.

"You ignored me every single day, despite the four classes we have together. Didn't I deserve some sort of closure at least? I cried nonstop over you. You can't even imagine how bad you hurt me." she stopped an inhaled a large breath. She gotten extremely wound up while spilling her heart.

"Lauren, I am so, so, so sorry." Camila began sincerely, "I know I put you through so much heartbreak, but we could move past that, and I promise I will never hurt you again."