thirteen

Camila kissed Lauren and walked herself backwards until her knees hit the edge of the couch. She sat down, and then pulled Lauren down to straddle her lap. She kissed down her neck, and realized just how badly she had missed her. It seemed to good to be true that her lips might ever make contact with her soft pale skin again, yet here she was.

"Camz." Lauren said after a minute, just as Camila had begun to grow heated. She could tell by the tone in her voice that her mind wasn't in the same place as hers was at the moment.

"Yes?" Camila stopped kissing her and looked up into her eyes, giving her her full attention, and tried her best to remove sex from her mind. She was with her again, but on probation like terms, and she wanted to prove to her that she could give her the full relationship she wanted. In her seventeen years, Camila had learned that the key element to being a good girlfriend was simply nodding while looking at the girl's face and acting like you were listening even when you had no clue what the hell she was talking about.

"Should we go ahead and tell your parents tonight?" Lauren asked her nervously.

Camila's heart rate increased significantly, her nostrils flared and her brown doe eyes widened.

"Oh my god. I didn't even think about the fact I was going to have to tell my parents I knocked you up." Camila squeaked. She couldn't believe it hadn't occured to her. The entire situation had made her feel so grown up, she hadn't even considered her own parents.

"Don't say you 'knocked me up'." Lauren reprimanded her, giving her a soft swipe across her shoulder.

But Camila wasn't listening to her.

"Parents." she said in a voice low on air supply, "Oh my god. Lauren. We're going to be parents."

Lauren stared at her for a second.

"Yes Camila." Lauren said slowly, "I thought we already went over this a few minutes ago. You know. The sacrifices?"

"Yeah, the sacrifices you and I are going to have to make, but not the baby." Camila replied, feeling as though she were on the verge of a panic attack, "I didn't even think about what's going to happen when it's just here. I mean in nine months we're going to have a baby and we have to be the ones to take care of it."

"Eight months." Lauren corrected.

"Eight!" Camila slid her off her lap, jumping up, and began pacing, needing to move around. "See it's already happening!"

"What's happening?" Lauren asked, her eyebrows furrowed in confusion as her lip curled in amusement.

"It's growing!" Camila exclaimed, "It's going to be here, and it's going to be a baby for a little while. But then it's going to get bigger. One day it's going to be like us! Like just a full fledged human just walking around!" Camila animatedly demonstrated walking, turning her index and middle fingers upside down and moving them like legs.

Despite her minor panic attack, Lauren let a small laugh escape from her lips. Camila looked down at her, wild eyed, and furrowed her eyebrows.

"What's funny?" She asked, "I knew I was going to have to accept the consequences that would affect my own life, but we're talking about another little innocent person's life here. I've never taken care of a kid Lauren. We have to keep this thing alive. That's our number one goal as parents. It could die Lauren."

Lauren stood up and walked over to her. She giggled a little more, but tried to repress it, seeing the mental anguish Camila was currently in.

"Camz, we will certainly try to keep this child alive." she said, placing a hand on her back.