Freedom or so I thought

Picture of Clare.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~ Four years later~Clare's P.O.V.The plane just landed in Michele's airport. I was waiting for the car my dad had sent to pick me up. When a lady from the plane run up to a man with a huge smile on her face. It pained me to see that, because I was never going to have someone who loves me like that. I always loved the way my parents interacted with each other, it was what I want in a relationship."Clare O.M.G! No way your back, I can't believe it, I missed you. It's been what four years now?" A girl who looked to be in her fifth trimester said running up to me.I looked at her confused, but politely asked. "Do I know you?""Oh please tell me you didn't forget about your best friend?" She said. Then it hit me this pregnant lady was my best and only friend in high school, Jess Martens."No way Jess, how come I was never told about this?" I asked indicating to her stomach, but still glad to see her."Oh yea I got married, in a way, and pregnant. So what are you doing back because you said that you probably wouldn't come back.""I'm turning twenty-two in a month and dad has been begging me to visit before then. So I figured I should come back for awhile and spend some time with him." I said looking for his car."Oh well that explains why he called my husband to bring a car here." She said while rubbing her belly."What do you mean he called your husband to bring a car here?" I asked looking at her confused."Just that we own a car company and your dad bought a car but told use to bring it to the airport," She said. "Babe come over here, I want you to meet someone." she said to someone behind her."Who is it Jess, baby?" A guy said coming over to us, rapping his arms around her."This is my best friend from high school Clare," she said. "And Clare this idiot is my husband, James.""Oh so this is Clare, the one who will always be higher then me in the rankings." He said while laughing."That's me, so don't you dare take my ranking," I sass at him."Come on I'll show you the car." She said pulling out of his grasp and dragging me with her.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~"Daddy, I'm home and why on earth would you buy me a minivan for a car?" I ask walking into the house."Sweetheart, I need to tell you something can you come into the Living room please?" Dad called from that direction."Yea, just let me take my suitcase up stairs real quick." I say heading for the stairs."No sweets, that's not going to work. please come in here.""Okay, what is it daddy and why is Jess's brother here?" I say walking into the room to see Jess's brother, Joe, sitting on my dad's couch."He is here because he will be taking you to where you will be living from now on." He said looking up at me, from his chair."What where is that?""With a man you are arranged to marry.""I'm what?! Dad that's not right, I should be the one choosing who I marry!" I yelled at him."Sweetie, your mother and his made this arrangement when you both where a little over a year. I'm sorry, but you have to marry. I wish you could marry who you want, but you can't." He said looking everywhere, but at me.
"Actually there is one way. He has to find a girl he will love no matter what, but he hasn't founder her yet," Joe said."Shut up and fine, I'll do it for mom, but daddy who is it that I have to marry?""He is the son of mine and your mother's friends from before you both where born.""No not Mr. and Mrs. Marks, son Peter. Daddy, please tell me it's not him?""I'm sorry Clare, but it is." He said looking at me now."No dad, he was always teasing and pulling pranks on me. I mean why do you think I left this town after high school and didn't come back until now. Daddy I'm twenty-one almost twenty-two, when do I have to marry him by?""Before his twenty-second birthday.""WHAT?! That's only three weeks away, he better at least take me out on at least two dates before then."~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Peter's P.O.V.I was sitting in my office looking over some papers about a rogue, that has been harming humans in three territories over the past month.'Alpha your arranged mate is in town, I'm on my way to the pack house with her now.' My beta, Joe, says through the pack link.'Thanks Joe I'll meet you both out front and what have you told her about the house along everyone in it?' I question heading for my room to change into something presentable, not my shorts from after my perimeter rounds.'Just that we all help out in anyway we can, for a place to live, and that it is something your grandfather did and has been a family ordeal ever sense.''Alright see you in a few.'About three minutes later I'm outside dreading looking at the girl I'm forced to marry instead of my true mate. A car pulls up right as my wolf starts to get restless saying 'Mate is here, must find mate.' An alpha can sense his mate way before they can see, smell, touch or even hear their mate's voice.'Calm down we will go find her after we meet Clare Clams. If I'm able to, I'll get us out of this terrible arranged marriage, I promise.' I say as soon as the passenger door opens and a wonderful smell of roses and fresh water hits my nose making me want to find the source and clam it a mine. I'm a little surprised when I find that it was coming from Clare herself."Hello Clare, nice to see you again." I say looking at her and holding out my hand."What is this, some sick joke that you didn't get to play at the graduation party. Wow do you think I'm that stupid, I know all your tricks, Peter Marks. I mean after all you where my bully through out all of high school remember that?" She said not taking my hand.This made my wolf a little upset at me, but it's what I get for all I have done to her in high school. "I'm sorry Clare, that was rude of me back then, I hope I'm forgiven.""Nope and never will be." I must have looked disappointed, because next thing I know is that she is asking to be shown to her room. I just nod and show her the way.Once we get there I say, "Oh, by the way Clare, the bathroom is also connected to my room but you don't have to worry I won't try anything. Just lock the door to my room while your in there and you'll be fine.""Thanks for letting me know that way your not beaten to death tomorrow morning." She says, "you can leave now Marks."Even my last name coming out of her mouth makes me happy and I just want to be close to her, holding her in my arms. Sadly that can't happen yet, so I leave her alone in her room after saying, "See you tomorrow, Clare. Have a good night."~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Clare's P.O.V.'A good night,' yeah right, I'm stuck in a house, sharing a bathroom with my my high school bully and still crush now. Boy have the last four years been good to him, I mean he looked good in high school, but now he looks even better. I would have told him how I felt back then heck my plan that night was to slip a note to him saying how i felt, then take off the next day before he could confront me about it. I was happy that night for it was the start of my freedom away from him forever, or so I thought.