Chapter 8

I just sit as everyone around me leaves, except for Nate. "Are you okay?" He says. I want to say yes, say I'm fine, say that everything is perfect. But all of that would be a lie. So I just simply whisper. "No." Tears stream down my face. "Then follow me." He says, I guess I look a little taken a back. "You don't have to if you don't want to! I mean we won't get in trouble. I promise." He offers me his hand. "Don't you trust me?"Tears start to well up at that painful memory. "Trust is a serious word to trow around." I say wiping the tears off of my eyes. He leads me to a small door a the first floor. "So my tour guide was must have been pretty crappy to forget this room." I say in a snide tone. "Well I wanted to save the rest for last." He looks at me and winks still holding my hand. I watch him carefully as he gently brushes a small piece of his blond hair off his face. We walk into the room and my eyes wide as I see the underbelly of a lake.

"This is my favourite room in the entire building." He says in a tour guide's voice. "It's amazing." He catches my eye. So perfect, I feel hungry all of a sudden. Hungry for the taste of his lips, curious about how they feel. I want them, I want him. I lean in to kiss him but he beats me to it. Our lips meet. His lips sweet and warm unlike Cole's cold and painful. I am not going to ruin it with thoughts of that idiot. We both take a breath but I kiss him again. Harder even more passionately. And that is when the alarm starts to sound.

Terra:

Its been a week since we first came to Asher's house. Fraizer had eventually given in and let Oliver stay in my room. Nothing has happened. Well I don't blame Oliver he tried. But it just isn't the right time and place. This house gives me the shivers. I feel like something bad is going to happen. At dinner Kain rushes in. "Fraizer I need to talk to you, now!" He says in a shaky voice. I know that something serious is going to happen. "Okay lets just step out into the hallway. You two need to stay here, this is um leader business." I shoot him a glare. Something is seriously wrong and I can't know what it is. No that is not happening. I open the door a crack. I see Fraizer with tears streaming down his face. "Terra can't know about this until we figure out a way for us to get her out. If we even can." He says his voice croaking as he says it. "Terra can't know about what?" I say loudly to make my presence known. They eye each other and Kain finally speaks. "Its Skyler, they're well... Going to kill her." I feel like someone just punched me in the gut. "So when do Oliver and I leave?" My brother goes to talk but Kain cuts him off. "In about an hour." As I enter my room I hear Fraizer go to start an argument but Kain some how manages to keep him quiet. "So I guess we get to go on another adventure, how do I keep getting roped into these things?" "Thats just what happens when you date me!" I tease him. "Now hurry on up we have my sister to get back." He offers me his hand and We walk out towards the main hallway.

Skyler:

I feel someone grabbing me from behind. The room suddenly stinks of blood, I scream as they pull me away from Nate. I kick and scream. And that is when the world fades to black.

I am awake, they think I am still asleep I try to scream for help but my mouth is woven shut. I feel cold, looking down on myself I realize I am wearing a skimpy nightgown. Behind me people are talking quietly hoping no one hears them. But I do. "They let the boy go, he knew nothing. The wanted to put him under the new memory wash. But it is still in progress so they let him off scot free." They walk over towards me. "Unlike you my pretty little one, you are doomed, either you are going into one of Cole's fires, or we are going to just cut your head off." Cole's fires? Doomed? Cut off my head? I struggle but my arms are concrete blocks, pulling me down. My legs just sagging there. They walk away laughing at my struggle, never in my life have I ever wanted to punch someone so hard.

Nate:

Minutes seem like hours without her, I have to do something. Something is definitely wrong. I go to the only person I know can help me, Cole. My best friend. Not that we're close, I know almost nothing about him. But I also know almost nothing about myself. I didn't exactly have a wide range of people begging to be my friend its jus that everyone else started to alienate me when they found out my true section, who wanted to get close to someone who was going to die anyways. No one did, no one except for him and her. "Skyler." I whisper her name out loud. I rush to his lab. "Cole, we need to go, its Sky! They have her, they're going to kill her." He just looks at me blankly and says "Who?" "The people in charge, they told me that they will kill her. He looks down at the dagger on his desk. "Dammit," And slowly picks it up along with a piece of paper. "Lets go then we have to stop in the weapons room on our way down there." He says sounding frustrated. "Down where?" He stares at me for a minute then hands me a backpack. "You'll see."