Chapter 5

Skyler

I find that I can't sleep. So after about two hours of trying to sleep I decide to take a walk. So I venture out into the darkness. In the hallway it is pitch black so I head for the elevator. I have no idea where I want to go. But I find myself drawn to the training room. For some reason. I press the button to the second floor. Everything seems so peaceful and calm. Down the dark hallway the only light is coming from the training room. Someone must have had the same idea as me. I sneak a look in through the window on the side of the training room. Inside I see him, Nate. Practicing. Sweat glistens down his forehead. The top of his jump suit is tucked into the bottom. His muscles glistens with sweat. I smile to myself and then I realize I am being extremely creepy. I decide maybe I should ask him to help me train. I open the door and suddenly his eyes are on me. Its too late to turn back now. He looks a little embarrassed. "I-I was just training, sorry do you want this room? I can leave." I laugh to myself. "Actually I was wondering if you could train me?" I say confidently. His eyes widen. "Really? Well I would love too." He says with a smile. "Lets start with the punching bags."

Terra:

I wake up in the big bedroom. I hear someone breathing next to me, unsure of who it might be I panic and I turn my head to see Oliver cuddled up next to me.He must have snuck in while I was napping. His eyes flutter open as if he knows I'm watching him. "Wake up sleepy head, we should probably get to dinner." I whisper to him. The bed shifts as he sits up. "So how was your nap?" He says to me quietly. "Pretty good, but now I'm hungry." I say as I stand up and stretch. I start to head for the door behind me I hear Oliver follow. He catches up and his finger lace in between mine. In the hallway the alluring smell of home cooked food tickles my nose. When was the last time we've had anything but sour bread and peanut butter. Or tin cans of beans and rice.The last of our generators burned out months ago. But somehow Asher's hasn't, the entire house is completely lit including this big chandelier in the center of the foyer. The medics seemed to have finished up or moved elsewhere. This giant room once full of people bleeding and crying is now almost spotless. I follow the smell all the way towards the kitchen. "Damn that smells good." I hear Oliver say beside me. Inside the kitchen sits Doris; one of the main chefs in our clan. In her small but controlling voice she says. "You're late, you'd better hurry up before your brother has an aneurism." Oliver mumbles a curse. "Quickly now, its the next room over, y'all can cut through the kitchen." We quicken our pace and practically race through the kitchen towards the door to the main dining room. I quietly open the door praying that no one noticed our absence. But of course when I enter the room every single eye is on me.

"Finally decided to join us did you?" Asher says in a snide tone. "Or were you too busy with brown eyes over here, to realize the time?" He adds. I feel my cheeks turning bright red as I drop Oliver's hand. What is his problem? Maybe he inferred that from the conversation with Fraizer ealier. I look over at my brother but he still refuses to make eye contact with me. I walk over and take my usual seat. Everyone is staring at me, waiting to see what I say. Could I say anything that could possibly make this any worse?Oliver goes to sit down besides me but then realizes better and sits in an empty seat a few people down. The entire room is completely quiet. I know exactly what what everyone is thinking. But Fraizer interrupts my thought. "Now that everyone is here." He shoots a glare down towards Oliver. "We can get started, today we have lost many people to that fire, but we will not let this happen again." He says trying to sound confident. Most people would say he actually is confident, but I know my brother, he is scared. Kain joins in. "So a few people have noticed a few odd things, if anyone has any news please speak up." Once again everyone stares at me. A few people mumble my name. Kain looks at me. "Terra we know you saw something. Please inform us Terra what did you see back a the city. We know you saw something." Red eyes, melted faces, people burning alive. I chock back tears. My home gone. A few moments of excruciating painful moments Oliver speaks up"Kain, um sir she has horrible memories of it and she well can't you see that she is near tears?" "That is enough out of you!" My brother grumbles. My eyes burning with tears and anger. "You can't talk to him that way!" I scream at my brother he still doesn't make eye contact with me. "Calm down Ter its okay." Oliver says loud enough for just me to hear. "And you stop trying to stand up for me. I am perfectly capable of speaking for myself." I look at him for a second and then storm off tears streaming out of my eyes.