Niall Pneumonia

Depuis le début

"Can I get you any medicine? I can see if we've got something for that cough." He nodded. Kristyn got up and went into the downstairs bathroom rustling around in the cabinet until she found some cough medicine for Niall. She brought it back to him with a glass of water and he took the pills happily.

"Thank you." He started to cough again and he grabbed his chest in pain.

"Give it time to work. Try to sleep Ni." She pulled him down across her and threw a blanket over him. Just like Kaylyn he was out in minutes too. They both slept for a few hours before Niall started to cough again. "Aww babe." He sat up and tried to breath but every time he took a breath his chest felt like he was going to collapse in on itself. He started to panic and Kristyn quickly began to comfort him until he calmed down.

"Can't breathe," he explained softly. She rubbed his back until she heard a small voice.

"Mommy." She looked over at her now awake four-year-old.

"What's wrong baby?" she asked. She sat up and started to cry. Both Kristyn and Niall went over to her.

"What's wrong princess?" Niall asked her sweetly.

"My tummy hurts," she hiccupped.

"Do you think you're going to throw up honey?" Kristyn asked her. She nodded letting out a little sob. "Ok baby, come on." Kristyn led her in the bathroom with Niall following close behind. She knelt down behind the little girl holding her up as she hovered over the bowl. She began to cry harder fearing for what was coming next. Niall knelt down next to her and pulled her hair back in a ponytail.

"Shh princess, calm down. You're alright. Mommy and Daddy are here," Niall reassured his little girl. Kaylyn coughed a few times and gagged as everything in her little stomach reappeared in the water.

"That's it sweetheart. You're doing great," Kristyn told her. Both parents sat with her for a few minutes until Niall started to shake violently from his fever. "Niall you need to go lay down," Kristyn told him.

"I need to stay with her," he protested. His coughed started again causing an all too familiar pain in his chest.

"Go lay down in bed. I'll bring her up when she's done. You're sick too." Niall didn't argue this time. He left Kristyn and Kaylyn alone in the bathroom. Kristyn could still hear Niall coughing as he walked up the stairs. Something really wasn't right. Kaylyn gagged a few more times before the vomiting stopped. "You all done sweetie?"

"I think so," she replied softly. Kristyn flushed the toilet for her and lifted her up in her arms.

"Let's go lay with Daddy in the big bed, yeah?" Kaylyn nodded. She carried her up the stairs and she worried her fever had gone up. She walked into their bedroom and Niall sat up right away.

"Is she ok?"

"She's alright. I worried about her fever though I'm going to take her temperature. Yours too." She walked into their joined bathroom and grabbed the thermometer. She first put it in little Kaylyn's ear. She was cuddled in to her Daddy's arms for comfort. When it beeped she took it out and sighed. "102.7. that's pretty high Niall."

"Should we take her to the doctor?"

"It's not quite that bad. Let's check yours now." She put the thermometer in Niall's ear and waited. When she took it out she was shocked to see Niall's fever was higher than Kaylyn's. "Ni your fever is higher."

"What is it?"

"103.2" He sighed.

"I'll be fine. I'm worried about this one," he sighed looking down at his daughter.

"I'm going to keep an eye on both of you. You both need to relax." She laid down with them and waited until they both fell asleep.

***

Much later into the night Kristyn was now extremely worried. Kaylyn had been throwing up for a while now and Niall's fever had gotten higher as well. He was shaking violently even though he was burning up. She wasn't sure what else she could do for them. Niall coughed hard gagging on the phlegm he kept bringing up.

"I'm taking you both to the hospital. I'm really worried." Niall didn't argue. He was so weak and tired but he couldn't get to sleep. His chest was burning and he couldn't breathe while the little one was so weak she couldn't keep her eyes open. Kristyn drove them both to the hospital and checked them in. Niall insisted she go with Kaylyn. She reluctantly agreed not waiting to leave him either. When the doctor came he sat down in the chair in the corner.

"The good news is your little one here only has a cause of the stomach flu. She should be fine in a few days. The bad news is your husband seems to have Pneumonia. I've prescribed an antibiotic for him to take once your home. We have him a shot now to ease his pain a bit. Both of them can go home tonight."

"Thank you so much doctor." He smiled then looked over at Kaylyn.

"You get well sweetie, alright?" Kaylyn smiled a little and nodded. Kristyn carried her out of the room and met up with Niall. She got them both home and in bed. The next morning, she ran out to the pharmacy to pick up Niall's prescription. By the next day Kaylyn was back to her normal self, running around doing everything she could to make sure her Daddy got better. Niall rested for a little over a week before he started to feel better. He thanked his little girl for taking such good care of him. Then he looked up at his wife and smiled.

"I love you Kristyn."

"I love you too."