Chapter 1: A Mere Meeting

• Dedicated to Harry Potter

(Hermione: POV)

I rushed through the crowds, I ignored as my wavy brown hair fell in my face as usual, I had to tell Harry and Ron about the good news! I saw a flicker of red hair amongst the people waiting to get on the Hogwarts Express "Ron! Harry!" they both looked back and smiled at me, I made my way across to them, we went up into a compartmet and I told them I'd have to go up to the head boy and girl compartment, they looked at me in shock yet were not suprised, knowing what of my grades. They said they'd talk to me later at the feast. "See you later!" I waved bye to them, on my way up to the compartment I wondered who the head boy would be, hopefully someone from Gryffindor, not that it really matters just someone nice, -so hopefully not a slytherin, maybe he might be handsome? All these questions flooded into my mind. I looked at the door that lead to the head boy and girl compartment and slowly opened the door. I saw a muscular boy sitting in a chair. He had dark black hair and dark brown eyes, I had never seen him before "Hi, you must be head-" "Oh sorry no I just wanted some privacy, sorry I'll just go-" I could tell he had been crying "-Are you okay?" I went over and held his hand, comforting him. It was a long silence. He really was quite cute, he looked at me and said softly after what felt like an hour "You are really pretty Hermione" I felt my cheeks blush, I didn't even know how he knew my name but then he leaned over and kissed me. I was shocked but I didn't push away, it was quite sweet.

(Draco: POV)

I wondered as I walked towards the compartment door, who the other Head Girl might be, hopefully mean from Slytherin, I feel so sick of all these girls looking at me and blushing- I mean I know I'm gorgeous and all but sometimes I just feel like I'm hiding behind a mask. I open the door casualy expecting to see the head girl waiting there, but my jaw drops, this guy I've only seen vaguely around the school is kissing Hermoine Granger, a twitch of anger causes me to realize how pathetic I must look, not that they have realized Im standing here, I change my shocked look into my casual one I had before I came in "Ahem, Sorry Granger but you're going to find another place to snog- if that's what you call it, somewhere else" She looked at me like she was going to slap me "Sorry but I'm head girl and you-" "You!" I couldn't believe this, I had to share a dorm in the highest tower with the filthy mudblood. The guy that had his lips on Hermiones face awkwardly smiled towards her and left. "You're head girl?" Hermoine said "Yes, and you're not so I'd inform you to leave" I smiled "No, I'm not, Im head boy." Her jaw dropped then closed back up. I walk over to a rack and put my luggage on the rack casualy. Hermione sighed then said glumly "Well this sucks" I felt a bit hurt at these words, but I just replied "You don't say" sarcastically. Why on earth did I care if she didn't like I was head-boy. 

(Hermione: POV)

I thought about the strange kiss before that the guy with black hair and dark brown eyes shared, I didn't even catch his name, but he knew mine. I looked up above at my rack with my luggage, and tried to grab it so I could put on a jumper, I try to bring it down slowly, it's too heavy I know its going to hit me, I shield my head, preparing for the impact when I feel the warmth of someone aside me, I look up and Draco is holding my heavy trunk in his arms, He slowly puts it down to the floor and I think I see a hint of a smile, I say softly "Thanks" and smile. I suddenly forget about the jumper and look outside the window as I slowly fall asleep.

(Draco: POV)

Why did I do that? Why did I catch it? Yeterday I would have been amused to see it fall on her, why was I angry when I saw that guy kissing her? Why was he kissing her? Stop it Draco. You don't care about her, she's just a muggleborn, who is friends with weasle and pothead. I look over towards Hermione, her brown hair fallen upon her face, she looks so beauti- what are you thinking Draco! Get her out of your head! The train slowly came to a stop, We must have arrived, I walk over to Hermione and gently shake her, her eyes flutter open "Granger, we've arrived" I say in my normal annoyed voice remembering the friends she holds as company. She gets up, we take our luggage and walk towards hogwarts with the others, I see Blaise and Pansy walking together and run over to join them, I look back and I see Hermione with Weasle and Pothead. 

(Hermione: POV)

Harry's jaw drops, and Rons in disgust as I tell them who headboy is. "Aha good luck!" Ron mutters and then laughs. Harry just says grimly "yeah good luck staying in the same dorm with him every night" I sigh "Don't remind me" I look towards the distance and I see a head turn away from me, before the blond-white hair dissapears out of sight. As everyone is sitting at their house tables, The first years are sorted, I look into the distance day-dreaming but as my focus becomes clearer I smile, I see the black haired boy with dark brown eyes waving at me with a cheeky smile, He's sitting at the ravenclaw table and I smile back, blushing. He looks back over to the first years as all of them have been sorted, As I start eating a bowl of jelly, I look over to Harry eating a sausage, and Ron stuffing his face full of chicken, I chuckle to myself. After the feast the boy with dark brown eyes hugs me, shocking me but lets go almost suddenly, He whispers in my ear "James" I look at him with confusion and he laughs "My name, My name is James" He does that cheeky smile he did at the feast, He kisses me, smiles then walks off. It was a short sweet kiss that left me thinking about him and how this relationship could be explained. I made my way to the tower and my smile dropped as I remembered I had to share the top tower with Draco, but I didn't feel as bad about it, he seemed a bit different today than his normal typical self, I just couldn't understand why.