Seven- Who Are YOU?

Seven- Who Are YOU?

Valerie

Okay. Ooooookay. Is this happening? What the hell?

I let out the tiniest gasp. Shit. Blake was going to wake up...

But he didn't. Nope. He was out.

Guess who did though? That angel-barf girl.

Her brilliantly blue eyes snapped open at the sound of my little gasp. I watched as she went from half-dead to why-the-hell-did-you-wake-me-up to Oh, Shit! in three seconds flat. She opened her mouth to speak, and I freaked out. I didn't need Blake waking up. My eyes widened until it hurt to keep them open and I waved my arms frantically in a "Shut up or we'll all die" kind of way. She shut her mouth, getting the memo.

I beckoned her out of the room. She nodded and stepped over him gingerly, managing not to wake Blake up. I pulled her into the living room and shut Blake's door.

"Who are you and what the hell are you doing in my brother's room?" I whisper-growled, and I was almost certain my eyes flashed crimson.

The girl stared at me, her eyes glowing. Was she really an... Angel? I nearly scoffed aloud. Yeah, right. She was so afraid- even I could smell it­- but I couldn't blame her for some reason... Was I scared, too?

Finally, she answered me. She looked me dead in the eyes, "Your brother said he would help me."

I looked her in the eyes as well. "Why?" I asked, ready to kill Blake.

She looked away, obviously trying to collect herself. She breathed softly, then looked back at me, dead serious. "I don't know. It just... Happened that way. I didn't mean it," she replied, expression hard. She looked like she beat herself up a lot. Maybe we weren't that different.

I kept my gaze on her, and to my dismay, I felt it softening. I spoke quietly, remembering my sleeping brother, "Tell me about it." I sat down, patting the cushion of the sofa next to me. She eyed me warily, but sat down. Maybe it was easier for her because I was a girl. I didn't blame her for that, either. I always told El everything.

"I don't know if I should," she croaked, her eyes focused on something else, but I knew she was watching me closely, as vigilant as I was, if not more.

I kept my hazel-brown eyes on her, not taking the time to look unworried like the girl next to me. "Why not?" I asked gently, and I could feel my anger drowning as if it were in some idiotic kind of metaphorical ocean. "I don't bite... Hard, at least." My gaze stayed on her, waiting for a grin, a laugh, even the tiniest giggle or twitch of her nose... Some sort of recognition, but no. She continued staring at the wall that must have been so interesting. "Fine," I growled, "At least I would be willing to talk about it, unlike my douchebag of a brother." I got up, ready to stomp back to my room as if she were my mother after we just had a fight, but she stopped me.

"Wait, please," she pleaded, and finally looked at me, in the eyes. It felt weird... Was she staring at my soul?! Now that was just insanely creepy. I still held her gaze, however, as she spoke lightly. "I will tell you. First, though, at least let me introduce myself. I feel rude knowing who you are while you have no clue who I am." She sounded so proper... Was she royal? I thought. Hah, if my brother really hooked up with a Roy-

"My name is Wren Abigail Duncan," she said, ripping me out of my thoughts. She was roughly two feet away from me, her hand outstretched and waiting for my own. I cautiously took her hand with my own, shook it, and dropped it. I'd felt like I had dropped her hand like it was a hot coal burning into my bare flesh, but she didn't seem to notice.

"V-Valerie Rose Natasha..." I stuttered wildly, and cursed myself. What was I doing? I never stuttered! Well, when I was around Damian, I did, but that didn't matter! I seemed so afraid of this girl, but I shouldn't have been. I growled, scolding myself, once more.

She smiled. I must have had a crazy look on my face, because she let out the slightest giggle and asked, "Are you okay..?"

"Fine!" I said quickly. "Just peachy. Now," I spoke lightly, sitting back down, "Why don't you tell me how in the gods' names you got here?" I asked, and I, myself, was surprised by the mother-like tone in my voice. That girl... Wren, she looked about my age, probably older. And suddenly I was the bigger one... Huh.

"I-I don't really know, to be completely honest with you," she said with a distinct sadness in her voice.

"Where were you before?"

"Heaven."

My breath hitched, and she could obviously tell. Wren looked away. "Ah.. I-I'm sorry.." I said quietly, dropping my head a bit.

"No, it's fine." She said, looking back to me. "I get it; I'm weird, huh? Have you ever met an angel who's never been to earth?" She asked, and yet again I was surprised by how little remorse she had in her voice.

"No, and I'm guessing that you knew this would happen because the same thing occurred when you were talking to my brother...?" I half-asked her, still knowing that it was exactly what had happened.

She smiled, but there was a lingering sadness deep within the grin itself. "Yeah.." Wren shook her head, obviously angry at something... Maybe someone? "I am sorry, I'm trying to stall." She stated, looking down sheepishly.

"Take all the time you need. I'll be as patient as a devil can be," I spoke, raising my eyebrow and finally achieving a tiny smirk from the little angel girl.

"Very funny," she lightly laughed. "Your brother..." She trailed off.

"Yeah, he's something, isn't he?" I laughed with her. "He's quite the crazy son of a bitch." She smiled in a "Now, Valerie," way, but was obviously laughing at it herself.

"My brothers are like that... Only more.. " she searched for the right word, one that wasn't too racist, probably.

"Angelic? Smart? Just pick a random one, I won't be bothered," I snickered. She smirked lightly, trying to keep her little goodie-girl streak, no doubt. Wren looked at me. I smiled warmly, trying to keep my cautiousness to myself.

She looked down, and I figured she was was thinking about something not so pleasant. We both sighed at the same time, for different reasons, though, of course. Unless Wren was thinking about demons. Which she probably wasn't. "So.. You wanna know what's up, huh..?" She didn't look me in the eyes.

"Tell me what you want to say. I won't hold anything against you," I said softly. She nodded.

"Might as well just tell you. It's not like anyone else really knows.. You have to promise to never tell anyone.. Okay?" She asked, looking nervous.

I answered sincerely, "Of course! I cross my heart and hope to die," she smiled at the common devils' saying. "Like I said, I don't judge." When I smiled, I felt so young, so stupid and naïve. I growled in my head at myself. I heard a small amount of movement, I noticed her looking at me, so I wiped all of the exasperation clean off of my face, putting it in a little 'box' in my head for the next time I was alone. "Please tell me what's wrong. I wanna help."

"Okay," she said, doubt written all over her face. "I don't know why, or how, but for some reason I ended up here. I've never been out of Heaven before and I'm confused and scared and I know that I don't want to die. I certainly feel like I'm going to." She didn't look at me when she continued, "Why, exactly? It's because I, Wren Abigail Duncan, daughter of two purely Holy angels has Fallen." Her voice shook and I sucked in a breath quickly but quietly, hoping she didn't know.

"And I have no clue why I did."

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

Hiya! It's been too long! Sorry this is so short, but I hope I had enough dialogue. Yes, Valerie is like that. She just doesn't like her brother.

Anyway, I'm sorry for no italicized words or no bolded letters because I'm on my iPad and it won't let me. -.- I'll fix it when I get a computer(which will be quite a while! DX).

Okay! Follower or not, Read, Comment, Vote!!!

Thanks! :D