Five- Trust Issues

Five- Trust Issues

Wren

Not fun, not fun at all.
I was being cooped up in a devil's room. That was probably the worst place to go- other than Hell- when you're an angel.

Yeah, sure, he's really nice, and funny, and cute... I shook my head, angry that I had suddenly lost the topic. But that doesn't mean he's not evil. I rolled my eyes at myself. I'm going to get myself killed. And who's going to go to my funeral? No one. Because no one likes me, or loves me, or..-

"Are you okay?" I heard a chuckle next to me. He was sitting on his bed... Next to me.

I opened my mouth and screamed. It was about half of a millisecond long before Blake covered my mouth, but I screamed. "Shhhhh!" I could hear a slight growl forming within what he said, sounding very close to a hiss. His eyes turned bright red, but only stayed that way for a few seconds. When they switched into his normal hazel-colored eyes, they were(of course) filled with concern. I pulled away.

I know, I know- I overreacted. But when you're as skittish as me, and you're an angel, you kinda look out for devils.

"Do I really have to stay here?" I asked, though there was no anger in my voice, much to my dismay.

He snorted in a devilish(or devil-like... I never knew which one was right) way, saying, "Why, do you have somewhere else to be?" There was a pause. He dropped the subject that quickly. In three seconds, he changed it. Dang.

"What's Heaven like?" I could hear the ultimate curiosity, along with a bit of concern and cautiousness. "Just wanted to know.." He added so quietly, I had to strain to hear him.

Ahh, Heaven. The place that was taken away from me. The place I may never see again. I felt such a horrible sense of sadness, maybe even grief, for I had known that my time with God had ended.

I looked up at the sky, hidden from me by the ceiling as well as the clouds. Maybe God was sad, too. Maybe he missed me... No. I shook my head, feeling as though I were the only person in the world.

But I wasn't.

"I- I'm sorry, I didn't think it'd be such a touchy subject." He trailed off, and I suddenly felt horrible for ignoring him and his seemingly-innocent question. But what kind of devil would ever be innocent?

"No, no, not at all!" I said, plastering on a huge, fake smile. "Well, what do you think it's like?" I asked, avoiding eye contact. Devils were very good at detecting lies.

Blake snorted again. "No clue." He looked at me, the curiosity in his eyes growing by the second. "Is it all white?" He asked, his head tilted.

I laughed aloud. "No, it's not white. Where would you get that idea?"

He looked a bit offended, but at the time, I didn't care. The fire in his eyes became more again, however, like it had just caught the perfect breeze. Looking away from me, Blake said, "I don't know. That's what everyone thinks, though." He looked back, begging me to elaborate. I sighed, not sure how I felt.

Was I happy? Someone who was so different from me wanted to know something that I knew! He seemed like he cared. And that meant something to me.

I bit my lip, thinking about what to say. Alright, "Think of Heaven like one huge hotel." I glanced at him, and he nodded, "Of course, once you check in, you're not going to be checking out any time soon. Usually." I took another poisonous glimpse at the devil sitting so comfortably next to me. Or was he? I noticed his body was stiff, and I could smell the slightest bit of nervousness clinging onto him.

"Does each person go into their own 'hotel room', or do more than one person go in one?" He cocked his head like a little puppy.

"It all depends on that person's favorite memory. If two people share the same memory, they get to be together in Heaven."

"That seems kind of messed up," I shot him a 'how so?' look, and he added, "I mean, what about a married couple? The husband's favorite memory was when they met, and the wife's favorite was when they got married? Then they couldn't be together."

I opened my mouth, then closed it. I had never thought of it that way. Suddenly I started to doubt the fact that people actually got a happy life in Heaven. The angels were completely free, but the residents of the 'afterlife' part of Heaven weren't.

How could such a beautiful, wonderful place be so malicious in that way? Maybe that was why I fell. God sensed it would happen even before it did.

I was beginning to question his power, his life. I was questioning God.

Maybe I really was like Lucifer.