One- Falling

One- Falling

Wren

Falling, falling, falling...

I'm going down, down, down. 

What did I do to deserve such a thing? To become a dark angel? I had never done anything wrong- my grades were good, I never fought with my mom, I listened, I even put up with both of my brothers. Why does God want to do such a thing to me? Why am I going dark?

My wings trailed after my limp body as I fell, white and gray feathers dancing along the wind, no longer caring about each others' color, just flying... together. I felt my flimsy arms following me, but I could not see. Where was everything? It was black, all of it. I tried to open my eyes, but why would God allow it? My voice was merely a whisper on the wind, though I tried to scream, Why God? What did I do wrong? I am an Angel, your forever servant... I could hear the quiet words circling in my head- Why? I am your Angel. I am your forever servant. Why, why, why? Soon enough, they were gone- just like my friends, my family- when my Innocence was taken. My Innocence... the thought made my voice quiver in my head. Where is it, now? That part of me, my very existence... It was gone. I was gone.

I continued to let myself plummet towards the place that I had only heard of: earth. What horrible things lay before me? Theft, murder, sin... Devils, I thought once more. I could hear a strange sort of flapping sound. I soon realized it was from my clothes. A short, white dress was all that I wore. My shoes had probably already crashed on the earth. My wings were the only thing that kept me from meeting the same fate.

Hours. It felt like hours before I began to smell the dust and pollution in the air. Humans. I heard a whimper, and was surprised when I realized that the whimper came from my own mouth. I wanted to stop. For this to end. I needed to get somewhere, to see something- anything! I needed to...

For a second, I could see. Green, blue, red. Red? I felt my body begin to wriggle around. I was going to hit something, and I had no clue what. I was getting closer, and closer. Ten yards. Five yards. Three, two, I felt something dawn on me as I noticed that the something was actually someone; but when I finally started to make sense of things, began to really see, everything, once again, went black.