27. Wavering Intentions

Cataliya's P.O.V

It had been almost 45 minutes they had gone and 15 minutes more till they return. Cole still had things to say. I didn't know if I had the heart to forgive him after all he put me through.

"We only have 10 more minutes, Cole." I reminded, taking a long sip of my cold coffee.

"As I was saying, Elliane said we would make a really good group, and that we should team up." I rolled my eyes. Friggin' Elliane, saying things I would never agree on.

"Cataliya, would you please give me one chance to prove myself? I did wrong, I know, I admit it, and if I could take it back, I would. Please be the bigger person here and forgive me. Help me." His voice was sincere and it was making me crazy. I wasn't a forgiving person, neither did I have the tendency to forget, but him being like this was making me waver, and I didn't like it one bit.

"Why? Why should I be the bigger person? I don't forget, neither do I forgive. How could you expect me to give you a chance after all these years of bullying me? You're so delusional." I spat.

"You just cannot see me happy, can you?" He frowned. "All you've ever done to me is hurt me. I won't be surprised if you are trying to do that right now as well. After all, it's you."

"Why do you still think I want to hurt you? I said I'm sorry. Am I really that low in your eyes?" He sounded genuinely hurt. I wanted to laugh at his voice but I kept it all in.

"Do you really want me to answer that?" I raised an eyebrow. He cringed, again.

"Just, please-" He let out a breath, trying to calm himself. His breathing was ragged. "Okay, what can I do to get your trust?"

"Why do you want my trust? To break me in the worst possible way?" I spat, crossing my arms. I didn't want to trust him. I didn't know if I could trust him.

He was clearly very frustrated. He kicked the couch so hard, it moved a lot from its original space and made a loud screeching noise that I had to put my fingers to my ears.

"Would you please stop? I said I'm sorry! You're the first person I'm apologizing to. I don't ever say sorry. Why can't you just at least tell me what I could do to make you believe my words?" He sat on the couch, burying his face on his hands. His voice was strained.

"Honestly Cole, why do you even care? Why now? What are you after? Why do you want us all to team up? It couldn't be just because Elliane said so. You two didn't even get along well before. Why the change of heart?" I sighed, sitting on the couch opposite to his. He raised his head and looked at me.

"Because I realized how much of a dumbass I've been. I didn't care about my pack. You were right. I am a bad alpha and a bad mate, but I want to change for the better. I did wrong to a lot of people, but I did the worst to you, so I wanted to start with you. And I need your help too." A shiver ran down my spine as I stared at him. I couldn't sense one lie. He was being real and it was showing on his face too.

"I really want everything to be good between us. Can we please start over?" His eyes were so pleading, I couldn't look away.

"Fine." I gave in, looking away. I couldn't believe I was saying this. "Just don't screw up." He thanked me. 

I closed my eyes and leaned back on the couch. I wish I could sleep, but I wasn't sleepy.

I opened my eyes and got up when I heard two pairs of footsteps walk in, with Cole following me.