Part 7 - No questions. Just answers

The last thing Cas wanted was to make a scene. But the diner/restaurant they were in was way too familiar, and Dean was way too cold for Cas to ignore.

When the band + Sam and Bobby + the whole crew entered the restaurant, a few heads turned to look but it wasn't such a big deal. No one was dressed abnormally, no one had weird hair (except for Ash) and no one was loud.

The five of them and Bobby sat on a table. Everyone ordered their breakfasts and chatted quietly while waiting. Then Sam got up to leave.

Dean and Cas were sitting across each other next to the wall, which was weird because they always sat next to each other when in groups like that one time back at the diner. But Cas was slowly getting used to being on his own when eating now, and that meant he was going to get used to a lot more things, and that was another terrible moment of realization for him.

The seat on Dean's right was empty because Sam had just left, and on Cas's right sat Benny who was talking to Bobby and Gabe about something Cas didn't care about. Dean was looking down at his phone, like he was trying not to make eye contact with Cas.

Before Cas knew it, he had taken Dean's phone from his hand. "What the- Cas?" Dean reached out to get his phone back but Cas locked it and put it in his pocket.

"We need to talk," he said to Dean and Dean rolled his eyes. They both leaned towards each other subconsciously. "What? Are you gonna ask me if I'm mad at you again?" Dean asked.

"No. I'm gonna ask you why," Cas said and Dean rolled his eyes again. "You do that way too much," Cas said about him rolling his eyes and Dean glared at him.

"I'm not mad. At least I wasn't until you took my phone," Dean said and reached out his hand again. Cas pushed it away with his own hand. "Dick move," Dean muttered.

"What did I do to you?" Cas asked quietly, almost whispering and earning a sigh from Dean. "You didn't do anything. This has nothing to do with you, okay? Can I have my phone back now?" Cas didn't say anything, he just kept staring into Dean's eyes.

Sam sat back down next to Dean, and looked at both with a smile; then noticed the look on both of their faces and turned to Gabe. Dean turned back to Cas.

Cas had a sentence on the tip of his tongue for the last three days but he hadn't said it, because it was too needy and desperate and Cas didn't want to be the one begging for affection. But before he could even think about this again, he blurted it out.

"Don't you love me anymore?" Cas asked. Dean's face froze, and Cas could've sworn he saw a bit of pink on Dean's cheeks. "It's not- love's- not-" Dean's voice has gotten a lot more thicker all of a sudden. "I never- I mean-" The waitress walked up to their table with a tray in her hands and another waiter helped put the plates in their places.

Dean and Cas were still staring at each other. Dean had a weird look on his face that Cas didn't understand, but Cas was emotionless; at least he hoped so. It was nice to not feel like the one overreacting for a change.

Suddenly a loud "SAM!" pulled Cas back to the real world. Gabe had spilled orange juice on his lap because of a hole in his plastic cup. "So you weren't in the bathroom back then," he said and Sam smirked. "Who's 'all wet' now?" he asked.

Both Dean and Cas were looking at Gabe, but they turned back to each other at the same second and Cas kept his gaze while Dean looked down at his plate.

"We're just friends, I don't... I don't love you," Dean said quietly. Cas looked down at his pancakes and processed that sentence. Jeez, don't rub it in.