Chapter 51 - Savage

Magsimula sa umpisa

"That won't work! I don't care what you have to do get us there NOW!" Kayos commanded. "We need to get there now, Carny was with Natalia!"

~*~*~*~Carny~*~*~*~ 

Carny was letting out a scream as his claws ripped through another brickwall, right where the Metal Man had been a moment before. He whipped around and saw him slithering away but Carny threw his arm forward making it stretch until his hand had enveloped the Metal Man's entire head. Snarling he squeezed his metal head and for a moment Carny could even feel the metal beginning to give on him before suddenly he wasn't there anymore. Carny's eyes went wide as he drew his arm back and seeing that the Metal Man had in deed vanished into thin air he let out another savage scream as he ran around on all fours like a hound that'd lost a scent.

He grabbed a car and lifted it up as if it were a small chair, but seeing nothing underneath Carny lost it and actually flipped the car over with such force that it flew up into the third story of the building it was parked in front of. Letting out a series of grunts and snarls he hopped up onto one of the buildings sides, digging in with his claws as he peered into the window. He didn't see anything except his own reflection staring back at him and Carny punched the window making someone inside let out a scream.

Carny froze at the sound before he threw his body in the window in one fluid motion. He landed on all fours and when he moved the glass below him crunched but he paid it no mind. Carny whipped his entire body around at the sound of someone letting out a sharp gasp, his claws digging into the wooden floor as he began to move toward the noise. He was walking by a closet when he saw a bit of cloth get pulled back under the small gap between the door and the frame. Carny's eyes went wide as he got back up on his feet and ripped the entire door off and started slashing at the very first thing that came out.

It was someone dressed in a coat, and they'd tackled him to the floor while there were several other high pitched shrieks as Carny saw two little people run from the closet. Carny's eyes locked onto them as he grabbed the person by there coat and really started tearing into them only for him to realize that he'd just shredded a coat that was draped over a broom. He snarled and was on back on all fours in a heartbeat as he ran after the little ones he'd seen run down the hall . He saw them, they were trying to reach the lock on the door but it was way out of their reach. One of them turned around and saw him letting out another high pitched scream as they turned and were jumping frantically at the lock above them.

Carny meanwhile was slowly moving towards the two of them clicking his claws on the floor with every step before he was getting ready to pounce. He was letting out a hiss and his back was arched like a cats as got ready only to hear a gun go off before a bullet bit into his shoulder. Carny turned his head around and without even a moment's hesitation he sprang at the figure holding the gun. He was mid-leap when something tore through the walls to his right and sent him crashing into the bathroom of the apartment. Carny was getting up to his feet when a bright light connected with his chest sending a rush of burning pains shooting through his body but it was just strong enough to keep him down.

"Get your kids and get out of here! I'll handle this thing." He heard a voice say before a figure ran past the hole in the wall. Carny heard a door open an close before the beam that was holding him down got bigger and stronger until he was sent through the floor and into another person's apartment. 

Carny was picking himself up when the Metal Man reappeared with his left arm formed into a cannon and his right arm now completely fixed. Carny lunged at him only to have the same beam shoot from his arm and send Carny crashing back out into the street. He hit the ground but Carny hardly felt it, he was already back on all fours by the time the Metal Man was climbing out of the building. Behind him Carny heard someone yell and as he turned around to see what it was a man wearing a bandanna over his face struck him with a pipe. The man didn't even get a chance to react before Carny grabbed him by the shoulders and took a chunk out of his neck with his teeth.