Chapter 56 - Calling the End

First part was originally going to be the ending of the previous chapter, but as I was writing it I realized just how long it actually was. Plus I think Skorge's anger was a better place to leave it so with that being said enjoy the carnage! ^.^

~*~*~*~Somewhere along the Chilean Coast~*~*~*~

Pain-filled screams pierced the night as Legion stomped in the head of a small creature, the body of it's mother dangling from his left hand. He raised the body up to his waiting jaws before biting into it with a loud squelching as warm blood began to flow down his chin, painting his pale body with a harsh stripe of blood. The hunger that plagued him was unlike anything to be described. For centuries he'd been locked away in the heart of the Earth, under constant attack by both fire and rock, the weight of the world forever pressing down on him...starving. For the first decade he was completely immobile, in the dense darkness, always feeling as though he were being crushed, or like the skin was about to literally peel away from his bones. Those first few years bubbles would dance across his skin and his blood was literally boiled within him by the extreme heat of the planet's core. The weight of the world broke his bones which healed only to be broken again.

On and on it went, the days of endless torture with a hunger and thirst so maddening and painful it was like a knife being driven into one's stomach and throat, before being twisted around tangling up all of the innards before finally- It started all over again. The pain that Legion endured for that first decade made every second feel like an hour, every hour like a week, and every day like a century. If there was indeed a hell, than Legion was indeed sentenced there by the demons of his time. But then one day as Legion's bones healed and he waited for the moment when they would be crushed again, repeating the endless cycle of suffering, it never happened. Legion's memory of that day was clouded but still very much there, the day when his bones were no longer crushed, when his blood ceased to boil, when he was finally able to move.

It was some light comfort to him being able to move his limbs, even with the unimaginable strength, Legion was still pinned in place. But now he could move his limbs, they were stiff and at first it hurt just to flex his fingers. But he'd endured worse than that and soon he found himself clawing at the dense rock around him. He could move now and his bones and blood were enduring the pain of this place, but the hunger and thirst had yet to dull in the slightest. Further and further he climbed until finally he saw something bright above him, light. He'd forgotten what it looked like and now he yearned for it, to feel it on his skin and he began to move even faster. But as he moved, he noticed so too did the light above him.

It was growing brighter, so bright that Legion's eyes burned at the sight of it and than before he knew it- He was enveloped in bright green light. It forced him from the rock he'd been climbing and like a rocket he was sent back to the core of the Earth, again immobile for another decade. When he was finally able to move his limbs again Legion tried to climb again but every time he tried to climb the rocks around him they simply crumbled away. The green like sent everything he touched into the boiling core where Legion remained for centuries, with only the pain of his hunger and the wheezing of his thirst to remind him that he was alive. For centuries he stay perfectly still, not because he was rendered immobile again, but because no matter how many times he tried he couldn't rid himself of this place.

It was the memory that drove him wild, as Legion let out an ungodly roar to the ever darkening night sky as he ripped another chunk out of the animal in his clutches. The hunger he had was still very much there, and it seemed that no matter how much water and blood slid down his throat his thirst could never be quenched. Legion hadn't been killing simply to kill, he was feeding on every body that he could find. The place where the stone buildings reached for the sky had been filled with thousands of the two legged creatures. Legion had effectively hunted, killed, and devoured every last one that he could find. He may be Savage now but he was still no fool. His hunger was great and before him stood a giant meal platter, he'd killed everyone in that place and then gone back to devour their bodies one by one.