Chapter 34

Zayn's POV

"Come on, baby girl. Let's get out."

She's sobering up, I think, considering that she's pretty much sitting on top of me, nodding off. So I guess it's a good enough time as any to call it a night.

"No, it's fine. I'm awake." She throws her arms around my shoulders in protest; I won't deny that it's nice and comfortable in here, but I'm starting to get weirded out at the prospect of sitting in bodily fluids, despite them belonging to us. And I'm getting really fucking pruney, so there's that.

"It's getting pretty late, babe...or early, whatever you prefer," I try to persuade.

"Can you give me a piggy back ride inside?" She yawns. I guess she realizes she's not winning this one. "Don't feel like walking."

"Alright, but we gotta dry off." She manages to climb out before me- naked- and grab a towel so she can begin drying off and putting her swimsuit back on. I follow suit before crouching down so she can get on my back. We're both still a little wet, but it'll have to do.

"I have a wedgie," she murmurs tiredly into my back. "And I can't pick it."

"I'd offer to help, but then I'd drop you, so," I laugh.

"Mmm...s'ok. Glad to know you'd pick my wedgie for me," she sighs. "And thanks for great sex. I feel very satisfied." She plants a small kiss to my shoulder. I may be wrong, but isn't it always great sex? I stop in the living room, trying to adjust her after she slides down my back a little. It doesn't help that she's doing the bare minimum in terms of helping hold herself up.

"Yeah? Well, we aim to please, horny-pants." She snorts at that as I begin trudging up the stairs. Everyone seems to be exactly as I left them, sans Harry, but I'm pretty sure him and Eleanor are getting it in God knows where.

I make a pit stop in the kids' room to check on them, finding them safe and sound. I think I'll take them to the beach tomorrow if they're up for it, which I'm sure they will be. Maybe we'll even do a little shopping on the boardwalk. As fucking touristy as it is, I want to get t-shirts made for them.

"Zee...beach tomorrow?" Charlie says, mid-yawn. "Wanna...new...thing...clothes."

Oh yeah, she's sleepy. "I was just thinking that," I admit, setting her down on the ground once we're in the room. Whatever else she's talking about is beyond me.

"Good. Can you make me some chicken nuggets? I didn't eat before I drank," she says, sliding off her semi-wet bikini. I toss her my shirt to wear and she catches it, drying off some more and slipping it on over her naked torso. "With honey mustard sauce? Pretty please with Charlie on top?"

"You're nuts," I say through a grin as I slide off my trunks and put on a pair of boxers and sweats. It's only going for three in the morning and she wants me make chicken fucking nuggets. That's completely normal, right? "I'm microwaving them, so don't expect anything spectacular."

"Don't care," she murmurs, already slipping into bed. "But I'm hungry-please-baby-love-you."

And so I yawn, but make my way back down the stairs nonetheless, knowing she'll more than likely be sleeping by the time I come back up with her request. But what can I say? That's my Shamu and I'd go to the end of the earth for her and back, twice.

//

"Wakey, wakey! Rise and shine! Early bird gets the worm! Up an' at 'em! Sleep is for the we-"

"Fuck off, Harry," I grumble, pulling the cover completely over my head. For someone who passed out on the living room floor this morning before his girlfriend dragged him off to do whatever it is that they did, he should not be this lively.