Chapter 22

*This is looonnggg

*Zayn in that gray Cardigan though gdisgngd F*CK. 

Charlie's POV

"Here, here. Come. This way. We're just checking out one more. It's right up...here, promise." Eleanor beams as if we haven't been to four different venues over the past four hours all over town. I had work earlier where I had a pretty important impromptu meeting with Mr. Kors himself- lucky me. I aced it, given that I was a little behind with my absence- both physically and mentally.

Oh yeah and I've hated all of the venues we've seen thus far. Not to mention it just started raining again and the last thing I feel like doing is seeing yet another place that is not at all what I'm looking for.

So I'm tired, obviously.

And I'm pretty pressed for time; I'm set to meet Zayn on the other side of town at 5:30 so we can meet with this wedding planner- the one Genevieve arranged for us to see. I was completely against it, but El says I should do it this once, and then I don't have to go back; it pleases everyone involved. And maybe I can even 'pick her brain.'

"This is going to be the one, I can fricking feel it," Eleanor grins, grabbing onto my hand and pulling me up the sidewalk. I swear she's more excited than I am.

"El, there's always...tomorrow. Or next week," I mumble, stuffing my free hand into my leather jacket. I'm so not dressed appropriately in my black and white patterned mini dress, black leather jacket and black suede booties, but in my defense, channel eleven news said nothing about fricking rain today.

I'm cold and I just wanna see my man and I'm being whiny I know it. But he may or may not have promised me dinner in the city if I just stuck today out.

"It's beautiful Charlie, trust me. My parents held an event here once and it was a huge hit," she says, her black boot landing in a puddle so hard that the water splashes up and hits her black leather leggings. But she just continues strutting along, completely unfazed by the weather. She should just model, honestly, but her heart's set on styling others, bless her soul.

"What's it called?" I say, trying to get into it. The least I could do is be grateful that someone's willing to help me.

"Gotham Hall," she grins once more. "Beautiful." And I'm sure it is. Eleanor's taste is out of this world. "Hell, I couldn't have missed it, it's...you can't miss it." She's got her eye on all the buildings as we trudge along. "Oh wait. Up there."

And oh my God. Even the outside is amazing. It looks historical as it sits on the corner of Broadway and 36th Street, and I can only imagine how much more beautiful it is at night. "I told you. It's fucking perfect. And you haven't even seen the inside yet."

*

"Okay, so there are a couple of lounges and of course the grand ballroom. And they can make anything happen, Charlie. Anything. My parents went to a fashion show here too. Yeah I know," she says upon seeing my jaw drop.

This place is....

And I thought some of the ones I saw online last night were gorgeous, but this one. This is everything I've ever wanted.

"Well, someone's done her research," the man giving us the tour says to Eleanor. She's pretty much taken over his job, explaining everything it has to offer.

I take in the breathtaking sight in front of me. The man goes on to explain that there is a corporate event being held in this ballroom tonight at seven, but I'm not paying too much attention; I'm caught up in the Arabian theme of the room that's been set up. "We can make anything happen ma'am. This is just one person's vision," the guy says.