Chapter 17

*THAT'S MARLEY to the side or at the top! I know a few people were asking, so that's what he looks like!

Zayn's POV

"Get the fuck out," I tell her as she stands in front of me with this amused smirk. I don't want to be a major dick and that's only because of the little boy standing here.

"I'm not going anywhere," she says coolly and confidently. God, I'd love to smack the smirk right off of her face. But if she keeps pissing Charlie off, I won't have to worry about that. "I've brought our son to spend time with his father."

I pale at this, knowing she's pretty much got me by the balls at this point. I don't know what the fuck I'm going to do. "Why do you think it's okay to do this?" My voice is beyond low at this point.

"Do what? I can't bring your kid to see you? That's not what we agreed on."

"I told you I needed time."

"And you've had plenty. I'm not gonna make him suffer while you go play house with your other brats and-"

She prods her finger into my chest so I grab her arm. "Don't you dare talk about my fucking kids like that."

"Woah, woah. What the hell's going on here? Zayn?" Louis says, standing between us.

"Nothing," both Genevieve and I say at the same time as I let her arm go. "We're just having a friendly chat," she continues.

"Well it doesn't look all-"

"Go away," I tell him a bit more rudely than I should have, but I'm dealing with a fuck load of things right now, and the less info everyone knows about this, the better. Though Louis already knows, I'm sure of it.

Holy shit. It all makes sense; this...this is why he hired her. He fucking knew. This asshole knew, and he didn't think to tell me. Not once.

"You knew, didn't you?" I turn to face him now. He looks taken aback, but his eyes quickly shift to Genevieve. "You knew she had my kid, but you didn't think to tell me about it? The one person this affects the most? What the fuck is wrong with you two?"

Louis ignores my outburst and shoves me to the side, before looking at the little boy, who's now half standing behind Genevieve and staring at the ground. Shit, I've scared him. I'd rather not scare the shit out of him, but I know Louis wants to see if he looks like me- I get it. I mean, I saw him at her house after the party, and I saw a couple of similarities- the dark hair, the brown eyes, pronounced eyebrows.

It just seems like the more I look at him, the more he looks like me.

"Fuck...this...fuck," Louis runs his fingers through his hair. "It's yours?" he bellows. "How the...how old is he?"

"He just turned two in March," Genevieve quips. I could throw up; I've done the math, I know all of this already, but I feel queasy when she actually says it to someone other than me.

"But didn't you just turn-"

"Twenty? Yeah, so what?" She becomes really defensive. "I got pregnant at seventeen, had him at seventeen in March, and turned eighteen that May."

"Holy shit. Holy shit. You..." he turns to me. Why is this surprising? I thought he knew this? "You fucking idiot."

I drop my head because if that's not the truest thing I've ever heard, then I don't know what is anymore.

"This can't get out!" He shouts, but I snap my head and glare at him. "If this gets out, your image is ruined!"

"Fuck my image! What about my God damned fiance?" My heart starts beating faster at the thought of Charlie finding out. I think I hear Genevieve sigh, but I don't entertain that right now. And then I remember the old guy she was talking to (who wasn't even old, but still), and panic starts to wash over me. She knows. She already knows.