Chapter 7

I went to the lake once more. This was my place where I can be myself and never be bothered; at least I think so. I dropped my sword to the ground and dropped my head to the grass. I began to sob for the losses that I've seen and witnessed. The battle against the demons in Balt was too much for me to forget. It mainly makes me remember him.

Every single day, I'm woken up by the sound of his laughter, his cries, his smile, yet day by day I keep forgetting what he looks like. I sit up on my knees and I decided to take off my armor. I was wearing a sleeveless, light gray shirt with dark blue legging. It felt good to take off all that extra weight, to be honest. The breeze blew in a crisp scent, and it gave me the will to sing a song in an old language of mine.

It was a song that was very special to me. I sang it for him when he was a little one. Every time he would come home upset, I would sing this song. It always made him fall asleep during the harshest of weathers. 

Akhiyan nu rehn de....

Akhiyan dey kol kol....

Chan pardesiya....

Bol pawain na bol....

Vekhan da chaa ha sanu...

Mukh partavein na....

Neray neray vass dhola....

Door door javien na...

Neray Neray vasse

Jiwain...

Door door javain na....

Door da khayal chade

Vass aakhiyan dey kol kol....

Chan pardesiya....

Bol pavain na bol...

Akhiyan nu rehn de....

Akhiyan dey kol kol....

Chan pardesiya....

Bol pawain na bol....

Akhiyan nu rehn de.... 

I looked into the water and saw my reflection. The feather I wore to represent the Royal court was still hanging on my ear for ten years, my blonde hair was long and blew in the wind, my violet eyes shone within the sunlight, my tattoo along my chest showed I was from Altan, and.... The tattoo along my shoulder represented I was born in Balt. Where he was born as well.

I closed my eyes and let the wind and rustling of the trees be heard. I then heard the skipping of a stone, and when I looked up, I saw a silhouette of this stumpy like person. They slowly walked towards me, and when their face appeared in the light, big, dark gray eyes shimmered at me.

"The music," the... creature said to me in a woman like voice. "It's sad." 

I studied the person more. Her short height was almost about two feet, and her skin looking like stone: gray and roughed out, and her nose was large and round. The creature was wearing a grass and reed cloak, and she was wearing a headband with 4 glowing spheres on them. The stone creature then slowly made their way towards me. 

"W-w-who are you?" I stuttered while standing up and walking a bit backwards.

"Stay calm," she spoke. "I not hurt you."

"Who- what are you?"

"I one of many trolls of Enchanted Forest," she replied softly while looking into the deep darkness of the trees. "You warrior. Warrior of town." She then pointed in the direction of Altan and armor

I looked to my gear that was sitting besides the water. It shone with a light of loyalty, and it was almost blinding. I looked back to the troll, and something came into my mind. Aelflaed told me that trolls lived in the Elven forest. There were a few tribes that lived there, but most intended to stay away from elves.

"Do you tend to stay away from us?" I asked. "I've... never seen a troll around town."

"Us? We wish to stay away from elves. Elves and trolls have bad past. Want to hear?"

"I suppose so..." 

I hesitantly sat down, and the troll sat with her hands on her knees. She gave me a small and sweet smile before speaking.

"Long ago, in land where all creatures lived as one, there seven different types of exquisite wonders: Plant people stay quiet to many ears, little fairies that buzz in people head, elves that hunt and speak with animals, animal people that understand world, trolls that wisdom speaks, humans that build of natural resource, and Demon souls..." she cleared her throat before continuing. "Demon Souls had power. Dangerous and controlling. With no control, one can destroy entire reputation. Demon Lord kill thousands, and elves and humans took his side. Left us trolls, fairies, plants, and animals to fend for selves. Some elves and humans rebel and save us, but relationship is like thin ice."

"That's horrible," I said. "But, you called this place the Enchanted Forest... I've been in these woods for so long, and I've never seen anything magical about it."

"You need to know code to come to magic," she said while looking at me. "No code, us safe. Made back during War of Earthlings."

"I see.... I'm sorry if I'm being rude, but-" Just then the ground began to shake, and the waters were starting to rise. my armor clattered along the stones near the water, and the troll began to bounce up and down uncontrollably. As she was bouncing, a dust that she had blew into my eyes and burned. 

Something odd about the burning was that it began to create images of a past. A past I wish I could forget everyday.

K.C.T: DUN DUN DUN!!!!! CLIFFHANGERS!!!! Yeah, you guys know the drill by now. I have a chapter I wrote, and I put a cliffhanger in it. If you're new here, and you don't like cliffhangers, I think your on the wrong profile. XD Anways, everybody say bai! OOWAY! <3