o n e | H u n t e r L a s t

Start from the beginning

Sad to say, that's their only means of communication. If you even can call it that.

She burst out laughing when she saw a picture of her brother Callum that was sleeping on the sidewalk obviously drunk with a sign that was saying I give free kisses, with vomit flavor.

But her smile quickly disappeared as she saw her parents pictures that was smiling at the camera but it didn't reached their eyes. Her heart was squeezed as she was reminded why it had to be that way.

Clea needed to move out from her hometown in her junior year because she had a stalker. It wasn't the kind of stalker that would just take photos of you, sending love letters that says from anonymous or secret admirer or sending flowers, chocolates or whatever sweets or food you have in mind.

Apparently, the stalker of Clea was more than creepy and is determined to own her. At first, she wasn't afraid even though she knows she's being watched. She knows the coincidences everytime she needed something wasn't accidental and she knows that her missing undies wasn't misplaced but rather, stolen.

But then the harmless had turned into harmful and that's when she began panicking. Every guy she talked to, every guy she gets to sit beside with in her classes and even just a simple wave to a guy from her was making her stalker go berserk because the next morning they would be covered with bruises and cuts.

The police couldn't do anything because this guy wasn't just any other guy, he was too good, too clever and too wise to get caught. So she had no choice but to magically disappear from the place where she grew up, change name from Avrigne Devaugne to Clea Devaugne.

It was hard for her to be away from her family but she has to sacrifice while they are trying to find out who really is her stalker. She even had to forget all her social media accounts and create a new facebook so she won't get traced.

But since Peyton was always around, she helped her adjust and get used to her new way of living. And sometimes she eats dinner with her and her parents.

Her parents that has always been treating her like their own daughter ever since Peyton introduced her to them.

"You're ugly when you frown." She shrieked and fell from the chair as she was frightened by her best friend's comment.

"How the hell did you got in?!" She glared at a grinning Peyton while rubbing her aching butt cheeks.

"Duh?! Like a minute ago. Just so you know, I knocked three times and banged the door when I got in. I also boringly watched you read whatever it is in there-" she pointed the laptop."-then you smiled and frowned like this." She made awful faces that was about to scar Clea's mind if she wouldn't stop her now.

"Don't you have a hang over? And I'm really going to lock the door next time to save myself from getting attacked." She raised her left eye brow at Peyton emphasizing the last word.

"I wasn't drunk okay, I was busy exchanging saliva with my boyfie. And even if you lock the door, I have a duplicate key." She replied smugly.

Clea rolled her eyes and sat back up to continue stalking her brother's fb who was only a year older than her.

Peyton lives next door, on the right side of her small, decent two room apartment. Clea doesn't even know why she trusted Peyton and told her everything on the second day of their automatic friendship, which was in school of their junior year.

Maybe because of her puppy dog face or her pledge not to tell a soul about it or it's probably her blood boiling insistence. But she never regretted unraveling what's supposed to be a secret because Peyton is proven and tested loyal, trustworthy and loves her like a sister. And even though she's annoying, irritating and childish, Clea also loves her like a sister.

"So why are you here?" Clea asked her as she closed her laptop.

When she turned around, Peyton was no where to be found. The sound of a door opening made Clea turn her head then she saw Peyton coming out from her bathroom.

"Do you really need to take a shit in my apartment every time you go here?" She asked with a raised eye brow, mimicking the line from the movie That Awkward Moment.

"Really?" Peyton rolled her eyes as she left Clea's room nonchalantly.

"Why are you so dressed up anyway. Are you going anywhere?" Clea asked as she followed her outside her room to the kitchen downstairs.

"We're going out for a coffee."

"I have coffee here."

"Okay we'll go out for a tea."

"I don't like tea."

"Let's drink slurpee."

"I don't feel like drinking it."

"How about a strawberry ice cream?"

"I think I'll take a pass."

Clea triumphantly smirked when Peyton glared murderously at her. She crossed her arms and waited for Peyton to think of another reason.

They stared silently for a good three minutes until Peyton sighed and spoke.

"Bain has a plan to hang out with his best friend who just arrived today. I don't trust the guy, he's a badboy and a number 1 rank as a womanizer."

"He has another best friend other than Bryce Thibault?" Her voice was laced with disbelief.

Bain and Bryce was known as 'The Dangers'. Why? Because either you will be in danger of getting bullied by them or in danger of falling in love with their charms and be one of the victims of their one night stand.

At least that's what they say.

"Yup." She replied popping the P. "And as much as I hate to admit this, he was the most handsome student in school. My Bain would only be the second while Bryce is the third BUT in my eyes Bain will always be the number one and only one." She stated proudly and smiled dreamily.

Clea furrowed her eyebrows as she let Peyton's word sink in. She couldn't believe what her best friend was saying but knowing that she would never lie about things like this, she was intrigued to know more about the guy so she will have reasons to avoid him.

And reasons to hate him.

Because he sounded bad news; just like her stalker.

"So what's the name of this 'guy'?" She air quoted the last word. Peyton looked at her straight in the eye with a smirk playing on her lips.

"His name is Hunter, Hunter Last."