five ; running in the rain

it was winter, I loved winter time because it made me feel so much more comfortable. Nothing has happened since Lucas kissed me again, it was like normal.

I wasn't completely happy, but I didn't feel completely alone like I used to. It definitely felt better.

I was sitting in the library after school drawing when Lucas sat next to me and said, "you're really good, hart."
I smiled and said, "not really."
He rolled his eyes and said, "damn your delusional."
We both started laughing, then i got my stuff and we started walking home. It was raining.

Most days I would take the subway home, I walked occasionally. But i loved to walk in the rain, it made me happy. Lucas looked at me and smiled, then said, "your a very thoughtful person."
I smiled back and said, "and your a very observent person."
Then I started running and yelled, "catch me if you can, huckleberry!"
He started chasing me all the way to my house, I led him into central park all the way to where we had our first kiss. I layed on the wet grass and just stared at the sky, Ranger Rick joined me.

We layed there, and I thought about how it wasn't awkward when we weren't talking, in the silence it's awkward when you don't feel comfortable, but I felt comfortable.

I noticed Lucas was staring at me so I started laughing, which led him to start laughing at my laughter. Then he broke the silence by saying, "your beautiful all the time, no makeup, makeup, smiling, not smiling, thinking."
I smiled at him for the 29928937393828 billionath time today and thought about how much he made me smile. He kissed me passionatly, but it wasn't like the fist time we had kissed under the swaying bear trees, it was different cause I finally felt happy.

hey guys! this chapter, made me happy. lucaya feels af!
- sophie <3